Does the 1520 support HID protocol

huungryshark

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

i like Windows Phone and want a Phablet to "replace" my Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet while travelling.

I?m using the Logitech K810 illumintated Keyboard and a Logitech M555b Mouse , both Bluetooth.

I?m able to connect it to the 1520 or any MS device? (Or which phablet phones support HID)

(With my BlackBerry Z10 it?s no problem)

Thanks!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That's a major sticking point with me right now. It would be so much easier to use Remote Desktop if I could navigate with a BT mouse & keyboard. I don't know if even W10 for Phone has it.

huungryshark

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Ok thanks.

That would be perfect fingers crossed it supports HID in future.

Miracast + Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse is really nice

I can recommend the Logitech K810 illuminated Keyboard. It?s not cheap but very nice - supports three different devices

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
This is a feature that many users have asked for for quite a while. It is true that there were rumours that HID might come to 8.2. But they also said that back in the day of 8.1. It seems this agenda point keeps on being pushed back. I think the only way to get it back (because before windows phone it has always been standard on windows mobile!!!) is to upvote our uservoice. So hit that vote button and give it your 3 votes!!!
Thanks.

https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/...pport-for-full-bluetooth-profiles-including-a

Is windows phone 8 has a update plan to support HID Bluetooth - Microsoft Community

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
This is a feature that many users have asked for for quite a while. It is true that there were rumours that HID might come to 8.2. But they also said that back in the day of 8.1. It seems this agenda point keeps on being pushed back. I think the only way to get it back (because before windows phone it has always been standard on windows mobile!!!) is to upvote our uservoice. So hit that vote button and give it your 3 votes!!!
Thanks.

https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/...pport-for-full-bluetooth-profiles-including-a

Is windows phone 8 has a update plan to support HID Bluetooth - Microsoft Community

Easy there sailor! We just finally got PAN tethering for the first time since WinMo 6.5, let's not rush them too much. :winktongue:

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, probably got a bit enthusiastic there. But I do recall the time of the bluetooth HID connection back in windows mobile 6.5.x was over 5 years ago. What would you consider to not be a rush and a valid question to ask?

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, probably got a bit enthusiastic there. But I do recall the time of the bluetooth HID connection back in windows mobile 6.5.x was over 5 years ago. What would you consider to not be a rush and a valid question to ask?

I was just bustin' your chops. I've been complaining about the lack of Bluetooth profiles since the Windows Phone 7 days. A lowly Treo Pro on WM6.1 could do so much more than any current phone as far as BT capabilities.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Really a bummer was close to buy a 1520 good i asked. So Windows Phone not supporting Microsoft Wireless Keyboard ?
As of 27-02-2015....No. Meanwhile patiently waiting. Microsoft did say they were going to bring (back) bluetooth HID support for bluetooth keyboards with windows phone 8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium