Sadly,for now this is good bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackxlj

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
So my daughter has knocked my beloved day one of release date purchased 1520 down and shattered the screen. The only phablet assurion has to replace it with is an iPhone 6+. I don't want to buy a new 1520 since I'm hoping a replacement will be here by September so for now,I'm going to the dark lonely world of iOS...

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
So my daughter has knocked my beloved day one of release date purchased 1520 down and shattered the screen. The only phablet assurion has to replace it with is an iPhone 6+. I don't want to buy a new 1520 since I'm hoping a replacement will be here by September so for now,I'm going to the dark lonely world of iOS...

Awww!!! I just got here!!! And you're leaving already? :( Boo...

Just an idea, the 6+ goes for 900 euros... Sell it, buy another 1520 for like 300-400 bucks, and heck, with that kind of pocketed cash, you'll probably be able to buy a new 1525 or whatever it will be :) haha.

Big Papa Smurf

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Awww!!! I just got here!!! And you're leaving already? :( Boo...

Just an idea, the 6+ goes for 900 euros... Sell it, buy another 1520 for like 300-400 bucks, and heck, with that kind of pocketed cash, you'll probably be able to buy a new 1525 or whatever it will be :) haha.
Buy this man a drink!

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I thought the 1520 can handle some boxing am using it now without protector hopefully i wont regret that

It all depends on how it falls and where and from what height and onto what ... Too many factors. I will get a screen protector for mine.I have an ultimate shield for my 930. First two days it showed that it was there in a few spots but now it's completely invisible and awesome. I love it. ;)

jackxlj

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I had a screen protector and the wireless charging case on it, just got unlucky.i may well try to sell my 6+ but if I do that I will lose my insurance unless I buy from att which still lists it as 600 dollars without upgrade

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I had a screen protector and the wireless charging case on it, just got unlucky.i may well try to sell my 6+ but if I do that I will lose my insurance unless I buy from att which still lists it as 600 dollars without upgrade

I feel you should go for a used L1520 on ebay. So the maths is as follows:

iPhone 6+ (if you sell) = $600
L1520 (refurbished on ebay) = $258
Balance = $342

That would be the best way to remain on your favorite WP and also if possible buy another one on ATT (with insurance and warranty) with the balance cash.

Below is the link to Lumia 1520 on ebay :
Nokia Lumia 1520 Black Unlocked Windows 8 LTE 16GB 20MP 6 Screen Smartphone Good | eBay

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I feel you should go for a used L1520 on ebay. So the maths is as follows:

iPhone 6+ (if you sell) = $600
L1520 (refurbished on ebay) = $258
Balance = $342

That would be the best way to remain on your favorite WP and also if possible buy another one on ATT (with insurance and warranty) with the balance cash.

That is the best way to go. I got mine for $200 off Ebay which was a steal. No contract no hassle. Not only that you can get the device screen repaired on almost every corner it seems with everyone venturing into screen repair. I stopped paying insurance with AT&T for the $7 per month. My son broke his screen we took it to the mall they repaired it for $80 out the door and that is less than the deductible. So since then no more insurance for me.... AT&T wants $200 deductible for the phone, Hell I bought a used one for that. Do what is best for you these are just some options to think about.

jackxlj

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
99 dollar deductible is what I was charged, and I did look but none of our cellphone places repair Nokia's.i will have the iPhone tommorow and sell it to rebuy a 1520...keep using my m8 I guess...but I hate it so much

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
99 dollar deductible is what I was charged, and I did look but none of our cellphone places repair Nokia's.i will have the iPhone tommorow and sell it to rebuy a 1520...keep using my m8 I guess...but I hate it so much

I used to do that when I used to sign contracts for phones. My carrier would give me a good deal on an iPhone every year, I would ALWAYS take the iPhone ,sell it, and buy a difference device that I wanted unlocked or locked to my own carrier. Now I always get them unlocked. But regardless, I think insurance is a waste unless you're really prone to breaking your phone. I have yet to break a phone. And if it comes out defective, the carrier / company must take care of it. And since I usually buy from Amazon, which in my opinion has the best customer care, I am always taken care of and get unlocked phones.

I think you're doing what's best for you. I mean, seriously, an iPhone 6+...
Capture.JPG

That price is REALLY high for a device!
I'll give another example. I bought the first Galaxy Note, loved it. The second Galaxy Note, loved it too. Kept that one for 2 years! And now the Galaxy Note 4 is 200-300 euros more expensive than the original two when I bought them pretty much the first two months. I really hate when companies sit on their high horses and think that their products are worth more just because they say so. I don't think the Note 4 has more tech today than the Note 1 when it first came out at the time. They were equally technologically advanced at the time of release, but all of a sudden they're worth an increase of 20%-30%? No thanks.

Apple has been sitting high and mighty for a while. I can't believe iPhones go for the price that they go for!

Oh well!

Good luck selling your iPhone 6+, I doubt you'll have trouble.
Get a used 1520, most come with 30 days warranty to try and make sure everything works. So you should be protected there. Regardless, eBay has 180 days protection if they don't say something is defective, and you see it's defective, you can complain with eBay and PayPal.

I just got myself a 1520 off of eBay, used but like new. Hopefully it'll arrive soon :) hehe.
Best of luck!

MarkusDindu

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Try the iPhone for a week. I got the 6 Plus after giving up on my 925's battery life, until a good Lumia flagship comes out, I'm enjoying the iPhone a lot.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought my 1520 in December 2013 for $475 on eBay and has been rock solid. I do not have screen protector but I have a hard strong case and keep my phone in great shape. Just waiting for Denim when AT&T release it... Hopefully soon.

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
To look on the bright side, right now most of Microsoft's services are available on iOS, and they are much superior to their Windows Phone counterparts at the moment. If I were you I'd stick with the iPhone until Windows 10 comes out. At that point there will probably be a nicer Lumia 1530 and you'll be able to get the improved MS apps on Windows 10.

In the meantime, enjoy your more functional Office, lag-free Xbox Music and OneDrive, and nifty Outlook email app!

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Usually I scoff at these kinds of threads and don't post on them because my words would not be positive. But yours is sincere and legit. Hate to see you go as a fellow 1520 member, but looking at seeing you back when our replacement gets here!

BTW my 1520 is the only phone out of many that I have bought and maintained a case for since day 1. I thought cases detract from the beauty of the phone, but 3 or 4 cracked screens later has changed my tune. They still detract:) But I was able to find form and added function with a wallet case that protects corners and screen with some style:)

jackxlj

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Got my iPhone this.morning, is on craigslist as of now. I don't understand how anyone can use live tiles and then go to icon based os. Tried it out for about 30 min, and then reset it to factory. Att store down the road has the 1520 in yellow for 399 with no contract so ima grab it as soon as iPhone sells.would rather have another black one, but beggers cant be choosers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster