treasure tag WS-2, battery problem

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Since before the denim update became available for the icon, I have been waiting so that I could use the treasure tag. I had the developer preview on my phone since the day that I first got it, so the treasure tag would not work with the DP. So street the update the first thing I did was got the treasure tag WS-2. I have a habit of losing my keys alot, and was hoping that this would help. Well I picked up the treasure tag, and everything went smoothly and no problems pairing to my phone. The problem I'm having is the batteries in the tag keep dying very quickly. The first day of was paired and about 4 hours later the tag started beeping for no reason and after looking I noticed that the battery had went dead. This I didn't worry much about because I thought that maybe it just was a bad battery from the start. So I picked up a 4 pack of band new batteries and after about 6 hours of inserting a new one that too was dead. Next battery again about 6 hours and dead again. Any ideas? The paperwork says that the batteries should last about 6 months, but this is odd. Is this normal, had anyone else had better problems like this? One I said I'm waiting on VZW to send it at replacement, but it's been 3 day minus the weekend, but the lady on the phone said that it should be next day shopping.

plesaes forgive me for reposting this, and also if its in the wrong place...

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok so nobody knows I'm still waiting on the replacement from VZW, they were supposed too sent it next day shipping, but it's been now almost a week and in still waiting...

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a WS-2 treasure tag on my 925 but this is a country variant.(8.1 + P4D)
The battery lasted not 6 months but a think 2-3 months.
But with some nameless battery only about a months.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
It's very easy to get the button depressed into the "on" position. That may well flatten the cell quicker.
​Might be an idea to reset the Treasure Tag and see how it goes.
You may want to un-pair it before resetting it. And possibly uninstall the app/hard reset the phone - I've had all sorts of issues with "ghost" Tags showing up.
​Not to mention that none of the "mute", or "known zones" type settings ever worked in the app. For any of my Tags.

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I finally got the replacement tag, and it's like might and day difference, there must have been a defect with the first one.
but thanks for the replies...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro