8.1 Update Released for ATIV SE !!!

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Verizon confirms 8.1 Update Released for ATIV SE TODAY!!!

We now have a section called "USB" in settings. This phone finally has IPoverUSB and VidStream!

fletch33

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

so know i am curious to we have 8.1, 8.1.1 or 8.1.2 and my guess is we have just the first 8.1

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

so know i am curious to we have 8.1, 8.1.1 or 8.1.2 and my guess is we have just the first 8.1

your screenshot shows "Windows Phone 8.1 Update" so that means that. AKA Update 1, GDR1, 8.1.1...

shirlA

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

I just got it and it's awesome!!! I was desperate for a calendar sharing now that I switched jobs (no longer able to keep it all on Exchange server) and now I can keep calendar and contacts in iCloud. The text swiping is super cool - both of these made me very happy!! Yay!

fletch33

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

on 8.0 didnt holding down the home button use to activate something? mine does nothing with a hold or double tap and seems like it should be useful to associate a function?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

on 8.0 didnt holding down the home button use to activate something? mine does nothing with a hold or double tap and seems like it should be useful to associate a function?

I think you're remembering the app switching which was/is accomplished by holding down the back button.

AgentDelta

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

On 8.0, holding down the home button would activate TellMe (the ability to give your phone voice commands). On 8.1, TellMe has been replaced with Cortana, and you hold down the search key instead of the home key to launch Cortana straight into listening mode. :)

fletch33

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

On 8.0, holding down the home button would activate TellMe (the ability to give your phone voice commands). On 8.1, TellMe has been replaced with Cortana, and you hold down the search key instead of the home key to launch Cortana straight into listening mode. :)

yes it would be GREAT to allow us the option to utilize that shortcut for something of our choice like an app

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I had to roll back to 8.0 to get the update. Make a fresh backup before you do and you can restore after the official update. Thank you Verizon.
If you wait you may eventually get it but I don't know. I had two of these devices and one had the PFD. The 8.0 device got the update immediately.
Best Wishes
Bill

Erik Sg

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site

yes it would be GREAT to allow us the option to utilize that shortcut for something of our choice like an app

I agree, I would prefer to have Cortana accessed by holding the home button and search being the same from 8.0. Rather miss the Bing search screen...

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
http://forums.windowscentral.com/sa...-gdr3-windows-get-rid-preview-developers.html

I followed the instructions carefully. Don't forget to reboot after installing the drivers. I did not have to disable signed drivers as instructed.
I went to backup settings before the procedure and chose backup now. The procedure worked as advertised. After successful rollback take the new update. After the update reset the phone and add your Microsoft account. It will find your new backup. If your backup setting include all options everything will be restored.

Best of luck
Bill

berndts

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site

Installing the 8.1 update right now...all I can say....I'm happy that Verizon/Microsoft/Samsung FINALLY pushed out this update. I used to have it as dev preview on my old Nokia over a year ago and liked it. Then I bought the Samsung a year ago...and was back to Win8...waiting, and waiting and waiting. The only good thing for me is that I don't need to hurry to get a new phone ...I had already started shopping for Android phones...but nevertheless...The WP platform lost me after the show of lack of support and communication (apart of lack of apps)....I'm done and will "upgrade" to Android in a few months ....Thanks Microsoft...I really was a fan....but no more...

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Update 8.1 thread

Can any of you report your region, or anything else relevant, so we can possible figure out the release details.

I'm not seeing an update here in Georgia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077