Just updated to denim , horrible selfie and slooooow rotation

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It worked for me when I changed the language to French and then back to English and it was really fast , just 3 minutes after and it is slow again :/ how's the soft reset done ? To make sure I'm doing it right

Soft reset is just a fancy way of saying, "turn it off and then turn it back on."

I tried restarting my phone several times with no long term success.

The only thing that worked for me was doing a hard reset (wiping the phone completely and starting from scratch).

I've been using the phone all day with no sign of slow rotation. And thanks to the backup feature in WP it didn't take too long to reinstall all my settings and apps.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
No, it's pressing the volume down and power button until it goes black and then vibrates. Letting go after it vibrates.

Then what does a soft reset (power+volume button) do differently than just turning it on and off?

I tried both methods while trying to fix my rotation problem and neither did anything to help.

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
It's the camera guys !! When I turn my phone on , the rotation is just great , but when I open Lumia camera and then close it once or twice , the rotation starts to become slow until it gets REAL slow !!

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Soft reset is just a fancy way of saying, "turn it off and then turn it back on."

I tried restarting my phone several times with no long term success.

The only thing that worked for me was doing a hard reset (wiping the phone completely and starting from scratch).

I've been using the phone all day with no sign of slow rotation. And thanks to the backup feature in WP it didn't take too long to reinstall all my settings and apps.

Can you open Lumia camera and close it and see what happens after one minute or two ?

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
A soft reset, like a Win8 reboot, forces a full windows start up and driver reload from scratch. A switch off/on is a quick boot from a kind of hybrid hibernate system (much like Win8). A soft reset will only fix this issue until you use the new camera app to take a photo, then it triggers again. Only a hard factory reset will solve it for good. Or so goes the general experience so far.

JW888

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. The front facing camera just doesn't seem as good as before. I tested it by going to Settings > Photos+Camera and changing the default camera back to Microsoft Camera (it's no longer in the apps list). The photos taken with the MS Camera seemed better than the Lumia camera. My phone is also slow to rotate. It takes 4-5 seconds for the screen to rotate now. At first I thought it was just the camera app, but nope, it's through the whole OS.

Update:

The slow rotating just kinda comes and goes.

Try the Lumia Camera classic

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an option to use the Lumia Classic Camera. I only have the option for the default Lumia Camera and the Microsoft camera. Switching it to the Microsoft camera did not cause any problems.

jkkw

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
On my newly denim upgraded 1520, I've been struggling with this for a few days :( seems to be caused by the Lumia camera app, if you use that app rotations become really slow - such that even if you exit the app or switch away, everything becomes slow. Rotations get queued up... they can fire out of sequence etc. Uninstalling it doesn't help.. on a whim I decided to avoid Lumia camera, and used Lumia camera classic instead (you have to install this from the store separately), camera classic doesn't seem to impact the rotation timing. I guess I'm going to have to stick to classic for now until this is figured out :(

elyodeel

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. Apparently the 930 has this issue as well. The only permanent solution anyone found for the 930 was hard reset. I did one on my 1520 yesterday and it completely fixed the problem. I also found that the Lumia moments app was freezing when it was stored on the SD card, so I moved Lumia camera and Lumia moments to the phone storage. Everything is working now.

Edit: By the way, I have to say that the restore functionality is nearly perfect on windows phone now. My start screen was put back exactly how I had it, email accounts and everything were set up correctly. A hard reset is no longer a huge hassle, just takes time if you have a ton of applications to download.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I noticed after using other Apps that rotate slow and then opening IE, IE also rotates slow.

My 1020 rotates faster in MyTube than my 1520.

Kind of annoying I'd have to reset my device to fix this. My device has no other real issues.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just did a hard reset. Re-installing all apps now. Will test when complete, and report my findings. The rotation lag was horrendous.

Okay, hard reset finished. Seems to have solved the auto-rotation lag issue. Back to fully functional.

Last edited:

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm the rotation problem after updating to Denim. Also, hard reset fixes it for good since nothing else worked

Al4video

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I had the rotation problem. I was about to do a hard reset but tried the soft reset first. Problem solved, rotation works perfect.

DuoWing

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I had done a hard reset after installing Denim so no slow rotation, but I see what the OP means. The Front Facing camera takes horrible pictures. The on screen image looks fine, then once you take a shot it looks like the resolution dropped and the color is gone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs