Sunspots on display

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I bought an AT&T unlocked Nokia Lumia 1520 and it has sunspots so I wondering is there a fix to it? Is it also a common issue with the 1520?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
faith3935... I don't know what "sunspots" are in terms of screen display.

Let me ask. Do the spots show in a screen shot? (I'm guessing not.) If yes, share a screen shot here...

It sounds more like your phone may have been water damaged and it affected the display or someone cheaped out and only replaced the glass and you your digitizer is not adhered properly.

Take a pic of it with a camera and upload that.

Start a conversation with the seller about a return and if they are being a jerk get (eBay? Amazon?) the site involved.

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
faith3935... I don't know what "sunspots" are in terms of screen display.

Let me ask. Do the spots show in a screen shot? (I'm guessing not.) If yes, share a screen shot here...

It sounds more like your phone may have been water damaged and it affected the display or someone cheaped out and only replaced the glass and you your digitizer is not adhered properly.

Take a pic of it with a camera and upload that.

Start a conversation with the seller about a return and if they are being a jerk get (eBay? Amazon?) the site involved.

It appears on the display itself and its apparent when I'm looking at something white like eBay or the At&T boot screen. I told the seller about it but I thought I may keep it but I feel ripped off as I paid $279 and it has alot scratches on the screen so I may return it when I get paid next week .

Big Papa Smurf

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
It appears on the display itself and its apparent when I'm looking at something white like eBay or the At&T boot screen. I told the seller about it but I thought I may keep it but I feel ripped off as I paid $279 and it has alot scratches on the screen so I may return it when I get paid next week .
I'd replace it if you can

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
That and a grey spot briefly appeared on the upper left hand corner of the display out of nowhere and when I press firmly on the back camera it distorts the screen so I'm going to get a refund and maybe get a Nokia Lumia 930 or save my money as the Nokia Lumia 1520 has too many defects when it comes to the display for me to recommend it.

Big Papa Smurf

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Is the sun readability on? It was on when I got mine and looked distorted but turned it off and looks great. Just thought about it. May try that first

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Is the sun readability on? It was on when I got mine and looked distorted but turned it off and looks great. Just thought about it. May try that first

It didn't work but thanks for the advice though. From what I read it's a well known manufacturing defect that didn't get resolved until later builds of the 1520. Another name for the issue is brought spots.

Formula84

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
It didn't work but thanks for the advice though. From what I read it's a well known manufacturing defect that didn't get resolved until later builds of the 1520. Another name for the issue is brought spots.

Yup it is a babied my phone and it developed shortly after I bought it, I only have one right by the camera but it only shows on white and does not bother me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo