Since Denim Update What Are Your Favorite Features?

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
The improved camera and definitely Hey Cortana. Hey Cortana really comes in handy especially on the Lumia 1520 as handling it in difficult situations is a huge pain

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
My favorite is hands down the improved camera, speed and all. This made me sell my Lumia 1020 and use my 1520 for all my photo needs. I also noticed that the fluidity of the OS is better...may be a placebo effect though.

Sadly, the only fix I've seen so far is a hard reset. Worked for me.

As for the slow rotation issue, I was somehow able to remedy it without having to do a hard reset. I wish I could remember the specific steps, but I uninstalled Lumia Camera, did a soft reset, re-downloaded Lumia Camera, did another soft reset, then used the camera. My rotation now stays as it should anytime I use Lumia Camera.

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
For me I love the faster camera and the home screen folders are awesome, makes things so much easier...

Whats still missing ..

A ringtone ON/Off/ Vibrate toggle as one of the Notification buttons.

Hopfully theyll fix that, but all in all very happy with update :)

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
As for the slow rotation issue, I was somehow able to remedy it without having to do a hard reset. I wish I could remember the specific steps, but I uninstalled Lumia Camera, did a soft reset, re-downloaded Lumia Camera, did another soft reset, then used the camera. My rotation now stays as it should anytime I use Lumia Camera.

This worked for me!! I uninstalled all of the camera associated apps then soft reset. Once powered back up I installed the Lumia Camera again and all is well the slow rotation is gone. Thanks for the heads up!!

I have to say that being able to uninstall the apps provide a little more flexibility as oppose to being stock with the stock app embedded in the ROM or OS. I first looked at that as a inferior thing now I see it differently.

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I love the new nothing feature on my 820 :p
Edit: I see there's a new option of static IP in Wi-Fi settings

I'm enjoying the lack of it on my 920 /Sarcasm :grincry:.

Also with the latest update, they made Microsoft Camera as the default Camera app... the cheek...lol.

Never the less, my mate is loving his 1520 even more now (favourite features he said are the 4k recording, folders and Hey Cortana) and I just sent him the Windows Central article re: the 200gb microSd card. I think he probably fainted in excitement as I haven't heard a peep out of him lol.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Well I didn't get "Hey Cortana" on my Lumia 925. But I am really enjoying the reading view on IE websites.

bbfea2c83d973e5f55593502aa378150.png

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Here is a tip for some. I notice that since the update I have been noticing a few bugs here and there. Seem a little buggy. It was working fine for a bit then the camera slow rotate I uninstalled all the cam apps then soft reset. This seem to solve the slow rotate issue then I notice some freezing up in different places. So I decided to Hard reset and all the bugs seem to have gone away. I think I should have done this from the beginning of the update. So if any of you are experiencing some freezing and buggy performance maybe it is time to Hard reset. Loving my 1520 even more!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos