Are MicroSDHC cards compatible with Nokia Lumia 830?

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
As the title itself suggests, I want to know whether MicroSDHC (any class) memory cards are compatible with Nokia Lumia 830 or not.
Also, I want to know whether UHS class 1 or 3 memory card is compatible with NL830.

Thanks in advance!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
As the title itself suggests, I want to know whether MicroSDHC (any class) memory cards are compatible with Nokia Lumia 830 or not.
Also, I want to know whether UHS class 1 or 3 memory card is compatible with NL830.
Thanks in advance!

Yes all microSDHC are basically compatible with the 830.
I say basically because
- there are copy/fake SD cards with probably don't work. (in any device).
--class 4, 6 and class 10 work in the 830 but if you use video recording then class 4 is to slow for this and will lag and if you use the 2K recording even the class 6 will be to slow . Also if you want to store a "big" game on a class 4 SD card the game may lag due to the "slow" card. So yes the work but not for all the things you want.
-SDHC cards are 4 to 32GB and cards larger then 32 are called SDXC and also SDXC are supported.

UHS1 or 3 are combined in a class 10 card and are actual for digital camera's and camcorder's and use Ultra High Speed bus but no Lumia phone supports this UHS (hardware issue). But the card supports the class 10 and the UHS standard so you can use the card.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes all microSDHC are basically compatible with the 830.
I say basically because
- there are copy/fake SD cards with probably don't work. (in any device).
--class 4, 6 and class 10 work in the 830 but if you use video recording then class 4 is to slow for this and will lag and if you use the 2K recording even the class 6 will be to slow . Also if you want to store a "big" game on a class 4 SD card the game may lag due to the "slow" card. So yes the work but not for all the things you want.
-SDHC cards are 4 to 32GB and cards larger then 32 are called SDXC and also SDXC are supported.

UHS1 or 3 are combined in a class 10 card and are actual for digital camera's and camcorder's and use Ultra High Speed bus but no Lumia phone supports this UHS (hardware issue). But the card supports the class 10 and the UHS standard so you can use the card.

Thank you very much!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb