What charger do you use for your Icon?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I've had that problem as well, from time to time. Especially here on Oahu... we have more potholes than the Pennsylvania Turnpike! I guess it depends on your car as well. My Tahoe is quieter than my Equinox, which has a lot to do with bigger tires and better sound proofing in the Tahoe.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I primarily use the Nokia wireless charging stand;
Nokia Wireless Charging Stand - Microsoft - USA
The phone is upright and visible, one of the cool accessories for the Icon.

I use a white one of these on my nightstand (bedroom, easier to see at night in a dark room) and I have 3 DT-900's one in my office, one for travel (that I don't use unless I travel) and one I move around when needed.

Would like a fast charger cigarette adapter for the car tho... I have a 2 A one, kind of eyeing a 4 A one... Wireless charging is pointless in the car, as I don't want a mount for my phone and if the phone moves a little bit off the charger it stops charging.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have two DT-910's - One in my bedroom, and one at my desk at work. One DT-900 for my desk at home that I don't spend too much time at. And one iOttie Qi Car Charging dock for my car.

My icon has been plugged in maybe once or twice.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I use a white one of these on my nightstand (bedroom, easier to see at night in a dark room) and I have 3 DT-900's one in my office, one for travel (that I don't use unless I travel) and one I move around when needed.

Would like a fast charger cigarette adapter for the car tho... I have a 2 A one, kind of eyeing a 4 A one... Wireless charging is pointless in the car, as I don't want a mount for my phone and if the phone moves a little bit off the charger it stops charging.

If you get a fast charger(cigarette lighter adaptor) for the car, let us know how it works. I don't want to mount my phone in car either.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Wireless charging is pointless in the car, as I don't want a mount for my phone and if the phone moves a little bit off the charger it stops charging.

The phone doesn't move off the charger? It's held in place by grips on either side.

And, man... Mounted wireless charging was made for the car. GPS, Cortana's full integration with text messages & music, "Hey Cortana", etc... It's absolutely perfect. How anyone could call it pointless is beyond me.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Wireless charging is pointless in the car, as I don't want a mount for my phone and if the phone moves a little bit off the charger it stops charging.

What kind of charger does that? I have the CR-200 (Updated) and it grips my phone nicely and doesn't "slip" off the charger. I just clamp it into the mount and it charges nicely. The CR-200 also has that stick to pretty much anything base so I mounted it right in front of the steering wheel so now it is like a heads up display and I can reach the phone without taking my hands off the wheel.

There are other Qi wireless charging car mounts other than the CR-200 that also can do this, just without the built in NFC.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Where can you buy the DT-910 at? I've seen craaaazy prices that makes me think it's not being manufactured anymore.

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Where can you buy the DT-910 at? I've seen craaaazy prices that makes me think it's not being manufactured anymore.

I looked all over too, and yea I don't think they are being made anymore (but I could be wrong). But I looked on eBay and yes I hate eBay very much this was the first thing I ever bought on there. Anyway I only paid 25$ with free shipping. I wanted a black one but the add said the was only one left so I went for the white, a couple hours later the same place was offering a black one for 24.99 free shipping, Even though, they do have thousands of them for under 40$ on there...the reason i stayed with the eBay shop i bought from was location. this shop was in Canada not that far away from NY.

Bring my first eBay order I was a little scared, I didn't bid I just took the buy it now price and waited. I checked the shipping everyday and finally the package came and just as the listing said the charger was brand new and still in the original packaging. Very satisfied...

still very happy even though the DT-900 i got that from AT&T for only $5

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site
The CR-200, what type of plug does that have, is it just a normal USB? Because if so could that one also be used as a charger in the house? Just plug the USB into a normal wall mushroom looking thingy?

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site

But also if you do a Bing search (it has to be bing though, Goole will try to sell you Android chargers) for "Qi wireless charging stand", you will find several and they should all work just fine...

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
The CR-200, what type of plug does that have, is it just a normal USB? Because if so could that one also be used as a charger in the house? Just plug the USB into a normal wall mushroom looking thingy?

The power connector on the mount is not USB, I believe it is the same as the DT900 and 910. The cigarette lighter plug has a USB power outlet built into it, so you can charge one device wirelessly, and another using USB. It also comes with an extension cable to allow you to position the mount pretty much anywhere you want.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

I looked all over too, and yea I don't think they are being made anymore (but I could be wrong). But I looked on eBay and yes I hate eBay very much this was the first thing I ever bought on there. Anyway I only paid 25$ with free shipping. I wanted a black one but the add said the was only one left so I went for the white, a couple hours later the same place was offering a black one for 24.99 free shipping, Even though, they do have thousands of them for under 40$ on there...the reason i stayed with the eBay shop i bought from was location. this shop was in Canada not that far away from NY.

Bring my first eBay order I was a little scared, I didn't bid I just took the buy it now price and waited. I checked the shipping everyday and finally the package came and just as the listing said the charger was brand new and still in the original packaging. Very satisfied...

still very happy even though the DT-900 i got that from AT&T for only $5

Yeah. Microsoft doesn't even offer it in its store anymore. That would explain why the Weather+Calendar app is no longer available. When you tapped the NFC tag of the 910, it would start that app which showed the time and weather as well as upcoming calendar appointments in a screen mode.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
What kind of charger does that? I have the CR-200 (Updated) and it grips my phone nicely and doesn't "slip" off the charger. I just clamp it into the mount and it charges nicely. The CR-200 also has that stick to pretty much anything base so I mounted it right in front of the steering wheel so now it is like a heads up display and I can reach the phone without taking my hands off the wheel.

There are other Qi wireless charging car mounts other than the CR-200 that also can do this, just without the built in NFC.

As I said, I don't want any mounts in my car. If I put a wireless charger in my center console, Hey Cortana is done (it will be hard to hear). In my car, I keep a USB cable coming out of the center console, just long enough to leave it on the passengers seat when I drive.

I DO NOT want a mount for a dash, or Window. I like the look of my car as it is and I don't want to clutter it. So a standard off the shelf QI charger that is NOT a mount is worthless to me. The CR-200 is a big mount and I have no interest.

Would love to see the results with a Quick Charge 2.0 charger on the ICON, as I am not willing to dump $30 on a adapter if I don't know it will work better than the 2a one I have now.

There is nothing on ebay that I can find for one, even cheap knock offs that claim "Quick Charge 2.0"....

And the AT&T deal when it came up, I scored one DT-910 (in white that I use on my nightstand) and 2 DT-900.... $5 I wish I could get more... Yea, pretty committed in wireless charging at home...

Yea, no question ebay, If you want new, about $30, if you don't mind used (as long as it's clean and works, right ?) I bet you could find one for $20 or 25...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...955?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eddb2df6b

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft has also just released the DT-903. It has Bluetooth built in and will blink telling you that your phone is needing charging and also blink when you get an email or other notifications.

Nokia Wireless Charging Plate - Microsoft - USA

Neat but, $60 ? When I can get them for $25 and they have a stand like the DT-910, I'll be all over it...

I'm going to try QUALCOMM Quick Charge 2.0 finally, found a cigarette adapter on eBay for under $17 and not a Chinese knock off...

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e....ebay.com%2Fitm%2F301573001934&token=OP-dlKXs

Should have it in a few days, if it actually charges the phone 60% faster than a standard charger as quoted, it will be well worth it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa