Lumia denim Hong Kong Lumia 1520

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I uninstalled "Preview for developer" before doing the following steps
Thanks for listing the steps. You made it look so easy that I decided it was worth it for getting to a clean install after doing the dev preview. Download was fast thanks to a 5MB/s connection. :) Install was crazy fast, maybe 3 minutes. Restore from backup though is taking forever, so much so that WP asked me if I had time and asked me to press a 'keep going' button. :)

Edit - things you don't want to see during a restore from backup:

restore.jpg

​As an aside, anyone have any tips on how to deal with SD cards through a backup/restore cycle? Keep the card in throughout the entire process? I disconnected mine since I basically only have music and videos on it, but I wonder if there's a best practice.

Last edited:

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
The SD card is unaffected by hard resets and the LSRT (unless you check the checkbox and request the formating of the SD card).
Also, the backup feature on WP is so bad, I'm afraid to even go in to the settings page. I once did it, and I still regret it. I did a hard reset after it just so things go back to normal.
Lots of apps were broken, files restored uncorrectly and so on.
Not to mention the store going crazy.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Odd. I used the restore tool to install denim, and now Phone Update says an update is ready. I wonder that that is, does anyone know?

jlx2013

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
They're telling me that is an isolated problem with me because i have PFD. Should i kill them? I'm getting very annoyed.

jlx2013

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
The SD card is unaffected by hard resets and the LSRT (unless you check the checkbox and request the formating of the SD card).
Also, the backup feature on WP is so bad, I'm afraid to even go in to the settings page. I once did it, and I still regret it. I did a hard reset after it just so things go back to normal.
Lots of apps were broken, files restored uncorrectly and so on.
Not to mention the store going crazy.
Yes, that's my bigger fear. That the backup doesn't work correctly.

jlx2013

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
They: "This is something our team is currently working on. We'd appreciate you informing them to reach out to us about their phones."
Me: "So, are you sayin that you're aware of the OTA problem with that variant and working on it?"
They: "We have received tweets regarding the same and we have consulted the relevant team about it."
I think i'm gonna cry.

jlx2013

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
If somebody have Twitter, tweet @LumiaHelp with the problem. Let them know, because it seems hard to understand for them.

arseny92

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
So is there actually anyone with a 1520 HK that got the official OTA update? I haven't seen any. It seems like they updated the website but didn't actually get to the 'flipping the switch' part, whatever that entails

Same here. I was gonna post a thread about this and luckily found this thread. I've been checking for updates for a long time now. But after I saw that the update is available in the web page I got really excited. So I straight away checked for an update but nothing is available. I thought to myself that maybe this would take at least a day but now its been a couple of days and yet no update. I wonder why though. Waited so long for this and still no sign of it. Sad. Sad.

And it is supposed that the phones can update OTA. This is just ridiculous that MS is telling people to use the recovery tool. This is just like asking people to completely erase their windows 8 PC just for updating to 8.1.
It is very much frustrating about their customer support as they seems not to understand what you said even though you are explaining clearly.

Not some HK CV users don't get the OTA update, but ALL.

Maybe someone from china can confirm or deny if they've received it? Because maybe they're filtering ip addresses.... So only Chinese phones in China are receiving the update.

No, impossible. MS does not implement any filters in the OTA update process, we just need the matched model to get the update, and of course, a working Internet connection. Because all Hong Kong and Chinese users who are holding the same HK CV models encounter the same problem, no OTA yet.
Anyone holding a 059V253 is facing this. They haven't flipped the targeting switch for rm-937_apac_hong_kong_222.
They're telling me that is an isolated problem with me because i have PFD. Should i kill them? I'm getting very annoyed.

Its just ridiculous. The update tracker seem to only reflect availability on Care. I checked Care as soon as that page got updated last Friday, and yes, firmware 02540.00019.15053.26006 can be downloaded via WPRT/LSRT/NCS/whatever tool is used to connect to NOL.

They haven't pushed it to production Windows Update servers used for OTA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss