Lumia denim Hong Kong Lumia 1520

JC_Yang

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Why nobody go contact Joe Belfiore? Let them read this thread, there're more than enough evidences.
Let both #LumiaHelp and JB read this thread, it's so simple.

JC_Yang

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Okay thanks, anyone feel I should cover something else?
Refer to my screenshots in my previous post, but I don't think that will work.
Contact higher rank guys will be a better approach, I don't like to use LSRT, and if we all stick around talking to this helpless customer service, I guess we(ALL HK CV users) will finally end up installing Denim via LSRT, and just like being fooled.

JC_Yang

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Anyone holding a 059V253 is facing this. They haven't flipped the targeting switch for rm-937_apac_hong_kong_222.

Its just ridiculous. The update tracker seem to only reflect availability on Care. I checked Care as soon as that page got updated last Friday, and yes, firmware 02540.00019.15053.26006 can be downloaded via WPRT/LSRT/NCS/whatever tool is used to connect to NOL.

They haven't pushed it to production Windows Update servers used for OTA.

Totally agree, I think this is the real problem.

jlx2013

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Refer to my screenshots in my previous post, but I don't think that will work.
Contact higher rank guys will be a better approach, I don't like to use LSRT, and if we all stick around talking to this helpless customer service, I guess we(ALL HK CV users) will finally end up installing Denim via LSRT, and just like being fooled.

I hope they are working on it. I already tweeted your captures, but if you want, you can tweet them again by yourself, it would be better.

hlov

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I think I did try the region change before and it didn't work. I end it up using the recovery tool, now I'm rocking denim and using hey Cortana 😃

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I guess ill have to wait til tomorrow for them to reply.

This whole process is the price we pay for paying more to get high end phones, sham on us...

terencechan

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Not really. We are actually paying more for Nokia's flagship at that time, not Microsoft's. I have no problem receiving updates when the Lumia line was in the hands of Nokia. It was Microsoft that ruin the series. Including the cyan bitlocker issue and other stuffs.

kravtsov

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
You can see the following in Hong Kong version of Microsoft site (/en-hk/mobile/support/product/lumia1520/softwareupdate/):

Nokia Lumia 1520 - Software update and downloads
Latest software update

Latest software release for Nokia Lumia 1520 is Lumia Cyan (02061.00066.14253.400xx)
The availability of this update may depend on your network service provider. To check for updates, on your phone, tap Settings > phone update.

terencechan

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't know why they keep on saying the update is network service provider or carrier dependent.
Please do not apply the condition in the US in Hong Kong.
There is never a carrier bound windows phone in Hong Kong. There is only a country variant, which means that the update is directly pushed out by Microsoft, not the so called carrier like Verizon, at&t, etc.
Therefore, this is definitely the problem of Microsoft.

dan bologa

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
So let'a resume all of this. The Demin update for Lumia 1520 CV HK it is not out. This variant of the phone it's factory unlocked and updates are not carrier dependent, are ONLY Microsoft dependent. Microsoft HK page say that the last update it is Cyan, but this is not much relevant because i remember when Black update came out in 2013 their page was not up to date for a long time after.
This must be a bug in Microsoft process of update or Microsoft employees lost their minds.
I was stuck with this OS since Lumia 920 came out in 2012, but i think i will give up very soon!

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I guess it's a pain and you shouldn't have to do this but why not just flash a better country variant on it? When I had the HK 1520 (on a Thai one now) the first thing I did was flash a Finnish rom on it. Took 5 minutes and I got every update right away. If anyone needs help, I can show you how. Totally compatible with no issues as the model and bands are identical.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
But what about the warranty? Same question about using the software recovery tool, to upgrade to denim

Warranty is voided by flashing other variants. I didn't care because I don't live in HK so the warranty wasn't valid. Warranties are not transferable across countries. That came directly from Nokia care.

Lumia recovery does NOT void warranty. It is a tool provided my MS to repair a device or completely restore (for example if you have developer preview enabled and just factory reset you will not get a completely clean wipe)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05