Lumia denim Hong Kong Lumia 1520

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
@affaiectwit1 As the update is being released in a gradual manner, you'll receive a notification on your phone once it's available. ^PM. This was tweeted to me from nokia help

How annoying! I got the same reply and then I started telling them about how long it had come out etc, then they came up with different excuses. They are useless (either that or they just are not told anything by those higher up).

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Meanwhile Im still waiting for a reply, and their business day is coming to a close. I don't think they reply on weekends so this will just get dragged out even more.

JC_Yang

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I've a new idea, guys. We should tweet or tell some news site who are unfriendly to M$, and tell them the details of our story and how ridiculous this is. I think this is our best weapon. I don't trust their inability to understand our pain anymore.
Anyone can name some big news sites who are M$-against?

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
WINDOWScentralTIP.png

Just sent this as a tip to windows central, not expecting anything to be done but at least its out there and they can choose what they want to do. The rest of the message didn't send it appears but I sent another Tip to them with the rest of the message on it. All I can say is thank you Windows Central for enabling us to all come together and speak up.

jlx2013

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
well this is the international variant no? is it not supposed to have ALL the BANDS? also my AT&T has LTE and that has less bands than the international version

edit: BTW when I go into network settings and choose which band I want (EX 2g-3g-4g) LTE isn't even listed like my other L1520 AT&T

Depending. If you live in the US the 1520.3 has all the bands of that country. For the most other countries, the 1520.1 is the right one, wich i think you have.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I live in Canada so I I'm not sure if me having the 1520.1 is the right one or not... also what is weird is that I don't have denim (cyan) but I do have the "folders" on the home screen, how is that possible?

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
That also crossed my mind for a second when I did a hard reset on my phone but what you are seeing is the official Folders app. You can have folders on the start screen they just won't be live or built in. In Denim the folders are live and you can simply create one by dragging one tile over another as opposed to using the Folders app and selecting the apps you want in that folder manually... If that makes sense.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
That also crossed my mind for a second when I did a hard reset on my phone but what you are seeing is the official Folders app. You can have folders on the start screen they just won't be live or built in. In Denim the folders are live and you can simply create one by dragging one tile over another as opposed to using the Folders app and selecting the apps you want in that folder manually... If that makes sense.

sorry but mine is live and was already there and I did not install the "APP" also I CHECKED and it is not in my apps list...

EDIT: what is weird also is my AT&T L1520 shows 2GB RAM in the extras+info, but on the HK L1520 it doesn't show anywhere! is that the same as you guys?

Last edited:

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
sorry but mine is live and was already there and I did not install the "APP" also I CHECKED and it is not in my apps list...

EDIT: what is weird also is my AT&T L1520 shows 2GB RAM in the extras+info, but on the HK L1520 it doesn't show anywhere! is that the same as you guys?

Oh well I am at a loss... The app came preinstalled on mine but I guess yours was a different case. Highly odd.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

wp_ss_20150303_0FORUMS.png

I checked. Before I updated to Denim, my screenshots didn't show 2GB ram. But now it does after the update. :S

JC_Yang

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
@zkyevolved @hurkanasmaci
whether the RAM size is shown only depends on the version of "extras+info" app. The latest version of "extras+info" app always shows RAM size no matter whether your phone's firmware is Cyan or Denim.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
@zkyevolved @hurkanasmaci
whether the RAM size is shown only depends on the version of "extras+info" app. The latest version of "extras+info" app always shows RAM size no matter whether your phone's firmware is Cyan or Denim.

Makes sense. I updated to denim the first 2 hours I had the device. Haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion