Lumia denim Hong Kong Lumia 1520

SymoClod

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Mmmm, well I hope they OTA this soon - tried the LSRT route but this doesn't even work for me - 'cannot connect to server' repeatedly over the weekend and today.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
A piece of news from a Chinese tech site indicate(maybe confirm?) the OTA of Hong Kong Lumia 1520 hasn't started yet.
I don't know where they get this information, anyway, that make me relief, at least, for a moment.

and why haven't they started yet? why are they SOO behind everyone else? this is still nonsense and incompetent on HK's part!

raydwatts

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
and why haven't they started yet? why are they SOO behind everyone else? this is still nonsense and incompetent on HK's part!
OK lets start the conspiracy theories with;

1) There are too many HK phones internationally and MS are trying to encourage us to buy the local version by being as awkward as possible.
2) Too many international owners so they are testing, testing and re-testing the software so that it would work worldwide with all the various language packs installed to replace the simplified Chinese that it was shipped with originally.
3) Good old fashioned incompetence.

von schwartz

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
OK lets start the conspiracy theories with;

1) There are too many HK phones internationally and MS are trying to encourage us to buy the local version by being as awkward as possible.
2) Too many international owners so they are testing, testing and re-testing the software so that it would work worldwide with all the various language packs installed to replace the simplified Chinese that it was shipped with originally.
3) Good old fashioned incompetence.

1. Yeah, great idea :) I've been a loyal Nokia Customer for 8 years, now thinking about selling my phone and buy anything else with proper support. Well played, MS.

Anyway, if you guys have the time, feel free to leave a feedback on the tracker. I hope They remove the misleading info at least.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
speaking of conspiracies I think the Chinese need extra time so they can put their spyware in it... they're spying on everyone anyways! lol :winktongue:

terencechan

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

JC_Yang

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
speaking of conspiracies I think the Chinese need extra time so they can put their spyware in it... they're spying on everyone anyways! lol :winktongue:

lol... no way. Hong Kong CV phone has nothing connect to China mainland.
And if I were Chinese government, I'd put my effort to spy on iPhone, Galaxy, Xiaomi, Huawei, but never Lumia.
How many HK CV L1520 had been sold? Global Lumia sales just barely pass 10 million, and high end devices are less than 1%, and HK CV are just one variant of them all. So I estimate that there're no more than 10 thousand HK CV Lumia 1520 sold all around the world. Do you want to compare this sales number to iPhone, Galaxy and Xiaomi?

JC_Yang

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey, terence, do you know any famous tech sites or bloggers who can write something for our tragedy?
I don't think we should wait and die. I don't like LSRT, but I don't like endless waiting, too.

terencechan

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey, terence, do you know any famous tech sites or bloggers who can write something for our tragedy?
I don't think we should wait and die. I don't like LSRT, but I don't like endless waiting, too.

The only site that has such popularity is windows central. Windows phone has a very small market share in Hong Kong and the site I mentioned is the only one still operational in HK.
I think we should keep on the tweets to Lumia help or send some PM to Daniel Rubino to see if he can help us lol

terencechan

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
At least in Hong Kong, they seems to have broken the local law here. Their product description on the website does not meet the actual product, namely the availability of Denim. However, they can always argue as the information is published on the global site while the Hong Kong local site still says the latest firmware is Cyan.

von schwartz

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I've already logged a feedback on both pages, that the information is inconsistent, and one of them must be invalid. But no one gave a frak about the feedback, afaik

terencechan

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ong-kong/1e8dfeff-47aa-4bb3-b2c5-0ba32ac7aba4

I don't know why they are still talking about carrier stuff. Someone is even clever enough to give us a Wikipedia link in the thread telling people about the carriers available in HK.
Please don't assume anything if you are not sure.
I live in Hong Kong and I am a Hong Konger.
I can tell you that all windows phone sold in Hong Kong are unlocked and not carrier bound. There are only mobile network provider which simply provide a mobile data network. They are not responsible in pushing out software updates.
All updates are received directly from OEM.

JC_Yang

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
denim update for lumia 1520 hong kong - Microsoft Community

I don't know why they are still talking about carrier stuff. Someone is even clever enough to give us a Wikipedia link in the thread telling people about the carriers available in HK.
Please don't assume anything if you are not sure.
I live in Hong Kong and I am a Hong Konger.
I can tell you that all windows phone sold in Hong Kong are unlocked and not carrier bound. There are only mobile network provider which simply provide a mobile data network. They are not responsible in pushing out software updates.
All updates are received directly from OEM.

SandS is not a MS representative, just a stupid who knows nothing about HK CV Lumia, and doesn't even understand what does "Country Variant" mean. So don't get angry with him/her. We should wait for a MS representative to answer my post.

Last edited:

terencechan

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Here's Microsoft s reply

Hi everyone

First of all I want to apologise for the inconveniences this software update delay has brought to you.

The Denim OTA delivery to Lumia 1520 Hong Kong Country Variant, OS version 8.10.14234.375 and Firmware version 02540.00019.15053.26006 had effectively started over a week ago, but I just received confirmation from our software updates deployment responsible on the Technical Support Operations team in Finland, that some unexpected issue is blocking the chain.

This issue has been escalated forward since last week and is currently handled with the highest priority. We expect it will take at minimum 4-5 days until we have the missing pieces updated.

Will keep you posted as soon as we have news to share.

Thank you for your understanding.

Technical Support Operations and Global Social Care Operations teams.

Microsoft Mobile

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss