Lumia denim Hong Kong Lumia 1520

quasarpod

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Well Terence,

Thank you very much for advising us users that there is a problem and it is being addressed.

May I be so bold as to provide you with some advice in order to prevent future debacles like this.

Firstly, when a software update becomes available thoroughly test on all handsets capable of receiving it that it works.

Secondly, only after the above has been achieved notify the users via the availability chart.

Thirdly, when a problem comes to light advise the users immediately. In this respect I would suggest you modify the availability chart now to reflect that the Denim software is not available for Hong Kong 1520 handsets. That is probably the first action that should have been taken.

All of this appears to be no more than common sense, something that seems to be lacking in the deployment teams.

I will gladly provide consultancy to Microsoft on a part time basis, you clearly need something.

Regards,
Kris

von schwartz

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Well Terence,

Thank you very much for advising us users that there is a problem and it is being addressed.

May I be so bold as to provide you with some advice in order to prevent future debacles like this.

Firstly, when a software update becomes available thoroughly test on all handsets capable of receiving it that it works.

Secondly, only after the above has been achieved notify the users via the availability chart.

Thirdly, when a problem comes to light advise the users immediately. In this respect I would suggest you modify the availability chart now to reflect that the Denim software is not available for Hong Kong 1520 handsets. That is probably the first action that should have been taken.

All of this appears to be no more than common sense, something that seems to be lacking in the deployment teams.

I will gladly provide consultancy to Microsoft on a part time basis, you clearly need something.

Regards,
Kris

It's not Terence. He's just shared the information, from a link, shared in a previous post (answers at microsoft community, named like "All lumia...")

Anyways, I completely agree with you. It's bull****. If deployment is stuck, you inform the userbase. They just don't give a ****, it's so simple.

terencechan

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Well Terence,

Regards,
Kris

Well, I am also one of the angry customer.
I do not work for Microsoft and I just provide you guys information in case you did not follow the Microsoft forum.
I suggest you to post directly on the ms forum if you want to advise them lol
After all, the response from Microsoft is typical from a big us company. They just don't give a f as they just don't care losing a few customers.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
my L1520 HK phone is showing that I got the Denim update! how is that possible?

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150311_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20150311_0001.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 4

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank goodness for that! Good work guys, we finally got there, only needed about 15 of us hahaha. I have an update available but I don't think it is denim because ita downloading in the background.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
And..that's it?
The only new thing I notice is the Lumia Camera, and Hey Cortana (which is a side thing).
I have to be honest, the camera is blazing fast, but did I wait all this time only for that?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
And..that's it?
The only new thing I notice is the Lumia Camera, and Hey Cortana (which is a side thing).
I have to be honest, the camera is blazing fast, but did I wait all this time only for that?

well what were you expecting, 3D Cortana popping out and granting you 3 wishes?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6