Capacitive button brightness with Denim Update

Nischi85

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
The problem for me is that it takes so long time between the updates. by the time I heard of denim, I started to hear about android 5.0, when I started to hear that denim was close to be distributed to people around the world, android 5.1 was out. It's just a sad business how slow things seem to move ,even tho it's obvious it's the platform that needs to do the catching up it gets outrun by the older more mature platforms.

I don't expect this brightness or camera issue as you mention to be fixed, ever, or in a really long time.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
yes MS has to be on the ball if they wanna compete with IOS and android and keep upto date with them! and if they wanna start gaining market share then they have to be MORE technologically advanced and insightful

anon(4054009)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I am understanding of other peoples problems, when they don't exaggerate the problem! if the screen is too bright you can adjust that! but we're not talking about the screen, we're talking about the CAPACITIVE BUTTONS... which I find it IMPOSSIBLE that they hurt your eyes in daylight! just sayin...

The button brightness is very distracting in a dark room. Who said anything about daylight, during the day is different. Android had the same problem after updates but a reset would fix it, thanks Microsoft.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
The button brightness is very distracting in a dark room. Who said anything about daylight, during the day is different. Android had the same problem after updates but a reset would fix it, thanks Microsoft.

it was said in this post...
Yes I did know that :) However, the light has become so bright that it irritates my eyes even during the day, not only night time. I can't go around with the battery saver on at all times =/

also I find the buttons to be brighter but it isn't a problem during the day OR night... I don't know what to tell you except it's fine for me on BOTH my L1520 and others... just a few are having that trouble and I would have to see it with my own eyes to see if it really is a problem or some people are exaggerating...

ninjadave44

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site

Yes it is bad when watching videos at night. MS will fix it, but I guess only as part of 10...

anon(4054009)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
it was said in this post...

also I find the buttons to be brighter but it isn't a problem during the day OR night... I don't know what to tell you except it's fine for me on BOTH my L1520 and others... just a few are having that trouble and I would have to see it with my own eyes to see if it really is a problem or some people are exaggerating...
Why is discounting other people's experience so important to you? Congrats it's not a problem for you.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
YOU see as that, I see it as replying to your post... :confused: also I'm entitled to my opinions and if you don't agree, then your entitled to that too...

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I've kinda gotten used to it.
Tip: you can pin Battery Saver to your quick actions bar. Then you can easily turn battery saver on, which extinguishes the lights.

geno47

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
but that also puts some notifications on hold, right?

this issue is annoying especially when you're watching movies when it's pitch black in your room. the light kinda leaks into the lower part of the screen too.

rickytatvt

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I hate that the buttons don't turn off when the phone is charging... It overrides battery saver.

I completely agree! This bug is really frustrating. I like to read on my phone at night and it's fine using battery saver, until of course, I have to charge my phone.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
its weird cuzz I have my phone right next to me on my desk on the wireless charger and my buttons are not on nor do they stay on? is it some sort of settings that you guys have that I don't?

rickytatvt

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
its weird cuzz I have my phone right next to me on my desk on the wireless charger and my buttons are not on nor do they stay on? is it some sort of settings that you guys have that I don't?

The buttons are only lit when the phone is unlocked while charging, even if battery saver is turned on. If lock screen is on while charging, the capacitive buttons are not illuminated. It's only irritating when using the phone in a dark environment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos