Voice to text in keyboards.

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I have just been getting to know windows phone UI recently with my purchase of the Icon. I have not got it running with sim on my carrier yet, but just after setting it up and exploring everything......I am missing the always there voice to text ability in the keyboard that my Moto G and Nexus 7 tablet have.

Though I do get the voice icon with a few app's keyboard....I am wondering if there is an add on for the stock keyboard for the Icon and Denim? I really miss the vastly implemented voice to text on my other android devices.

Other than that...totally loving the Icon right now while in discovery/setup/learning mode.

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
There is an app that takes voice and puts the text on the clipboard, from where you can copy it into another app. Clunky workaround I know, but it does work... Copy This

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
thanks for your offering MKairys....but yea that would be "clunky" to say the least for me.

I was reading in the stock manual for the phone that if you hold down the windows home button...you will be able to use voice commands. But now with the Denim update....that is gone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit