03-09-2015 02:54 PM
85 ... 234
tools
    the 920 vs 830 vs 640XL argument in terms of image quality and snappiness won't be settled until there is a proper comparison done.
    aside from the megapixel/OIS debate, we will see how the images come out when the 640xl is available.

I will say that I am just itching to replace my ever slowing 920.
    imo, the 640xl could be the perfect travel phone IF it takes detailed pictures.
    03-08-2015 05:02 PM
    Incredible that the 820 is still a relevant and excellent phone despite coming out almost 2 1/2 years ago. I bought mine used last May for about $65. I still love mine. I used it as a primary phone a little bit, but now as my media device and backup phone. I am envious of the 5.7" display on the 640 XL, and greater battery life. However, I'd miss the AMOLED and physical camera button. I'm tempted by the 640 XL, but may hold out as the prices will surely come down, and there will be some on the secondary market.
    03-09-2015 02:04 AM
    Just bought my 830 two days ago, its going back.

Can't wait to grab a 640XL!
    I Remember you , you started a channel with a giveway and then suddenly disappeared whats the matter?
    03-09-2015 02:09 AM
    Comparison below between Lumia 640XL and iPhone 6 plus and I have highlighted the differences.

Finger Print Sensor : iPhone 6 Plus has finger print sensor. Lumia 640XL does not have finger print sensor.

Display : In the area of display, iPhone has a higher PPI and will definitely have better display than 640XL.

Processor : However iPhone 6 Plus runs on a 1.2 GHz dual core processor compared to the 1.2 GHz quad core processor on 640XL.

Memory Card Slot : iPhone does not have a card slot but compensates with 16/64/128 GB variant. However the Lumia 640XL has internal memory of 8GB and a card slot expandable to 128GB. Therefore total of 136GB.

Rear Camera : iPhone 6 Plus has an 8MP camera with OIS whereas Lumia 640XL has a 13MP camera. However the sensors on both the phones are the same. Therefore both can produce outstanding pictures.

Front Camera : Iphone 6 Plus has 1.2MP camera capable of 720P whereas Lumia 640XL has 5MP camera capable of 1080P. Today people take selfies everywhere. Instagram definitely shows us that people like to take more selfies and selfie videos.

DLNA : Lumia 640XL supports DLNA out of the box. iPhone 6 plus needs extra gadgets (extra cost) and software to do the same. For photographers and marketing guys this is a great feature for presentation.

NFC : iPhone 6 Plus uses NFC for Apple pay only. Lumia 640 XL comes with NFC to exchange files, photos, contacts etc.

FM radio : Available on 640XL and not available on iPhone 6 Plus.

Both phones have lots of similarities in terms specifications but some of the specifications as mentioned above stands out.

640-xl-vs-iphone-6-plus-2-.jpg
    03-09-2015 11:28 AM
    Comparison below between Lumia 640XL and iPhone 6 plus and I have highlighted the differences.

Finger Print Sensor : iPhone 6 Plus has finger print sensor. Lumia 640XL does not have finger print sensor.

Display : In the area of display, iPhone has a higher PPI and will definitely have better display than 640XL.

Processor : However iPhone 6 Plus runs on a 1.2 GHz dual core processor compared to the 1.2 GHz quad core processor on 640XL.

Memory Card Slot : iPhone does not have a card slot but compensates with 16/64/128 GB variant. However the Lumia 640XL has internal memory of 8GB and a card slot expandable to 128GB. Therefore total of 136GB.

Rear Camera : iPhone 6 Plus has an 8MP camera with OIS whereas Lumia 640XL has a 13MP camera. However the sensors on both the phones are the same. Therefore both can produce outstanding pictures.

Front Camera : Iphone 6 Plus has 1.2MP camera capable of 720P whereas Lumia 640XL has 5MP camera capable of 1080P. Today people take selfies everywhere. Instagram definitely shows us that people like to take more selfies and selfie videos.

DLNA : Lumia 640XL supports DLNA out of the box. iPhone 6 plus needs extra gadgets (extra cost) and software to do the same. For photographers and marketing guys this is a great feature for presentation.

NFC : iPhone 6 Plus uses NFC for Apple pay only. Lumia 640 XL comes with NFC to exchange files, photos, contacts etc.

FM radio : Available on 640XL and not available on iPhone 6 Plus.

Both phones have lots of similarities in terms specifications but some of the specifications as mentioned above stands out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	640 XL vs iphone 6 plus (2).jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	220.0 KB 
ID:	99335
    You cannot seriously believe that the Snapdragon 400 is better than the A8. I don't know why people are so adamant at pretending these budget phones beat the newest iPhone. They barely beat the old Nokia flagships.
    03-09-2015 12:25 PM
    Let's not forget, when trying to compare a 640 XL to an iPhone 6 Plus, if you buy "off contract", then you can purchase THREE 640 XLs for the price of ONE iPhone 6 Plus.
    This is, sadly, the ONLY selling point. For 1/3 of the cost of an iPhone 6 Plus, you can get a phone that is the same size, takes great pictures, has plenty of storage, and runs a great OS.

After that, you have to shut up, because that's where the questions about apps come in.
    K_Arora5 and Stefan Holder like this.
    03-09-2015 12:33 PM
    You cannot seriously believe that the Snapdragon 400 is better than the A8. I don't know why people are so adamant at pretending these budget phones beat the newest iPhone. They barely beat the old Nokia flagships.
    I definitely agree with you that Apple A8 chip has more processing power.

Having an A8 chip has its downside also. With all that processing power, the battery life on a iPhone 6 Plus is still not up to par. A S400 with 4 cores at 1.2 GHz and a 3000 MAh battery is more than sufficient to provide the required juice for more than 24 hours.

It has been proven in benchmark tests done by Anandtech that the SOC S400 did better than Apple A8 chip in terms of battery life.

Well the iPhone 6 Plus with latest A8 chip cannot beat the likes of Lumia 920/1020 (old Nokia Flagships) in terms of battery life.
    03-09-2015 12:47 PM
    It has been proven in benchmark tests done by Anandtech that the SOC S400 did better than Apple A8 chip in terms of battery life.
    I used to be a truck driver. My tractor trailer could haul a bigger load than my car could, but the car got way better fuel mileage.
    MikeSo and danijel0000 like this.
    03-09-2015 01:04 PM
    This is, sadly, the ONLY selling point. For 1/3 of the cost of an iPhone 6 Plus, you can get a phone that is the same size, takes great pictures, has plenty of storage, and runs a great OS.

After that, you have to shut up, because that's where the questions about apps come in.
    bahaha.jpg

Apps are all the iSheep have got. You're paying 3x the price for slightly better processor power and slightly better PPI and apps that 98% of the population doesn't even need. However, WP is WAY smoother on much less processing power, because it isn't as bloated. That means the 640 XL could outperform the iPhone 6 + if they were both running an identical app.

I'd pay for a 640 XL before I would accept a free iPhone 6+. I just can't stand the Windows 3.1 style desktop icons to launch everything. Really? Come on, only Apple and Android still use desktop icons to launch programs. Live Tiles, baby, live tiles. I refuse to give them up.

Go troll somewhere else. I can't believe you're so scared of what Windows 10 for phones will do to your precious ecosystem that you come over here to troll.
    03-09-2015 02:13 PM
    Lets move away from the iPhone against Lumia phones please.
    These comparisons always turn great threads into firestorms.

Temporarily closed.
    03-09-2015 02:54 PM
85 ... 234