Might as Well Start the Discussion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Let's not forget, when trying to compare a 640 XL to an iPhone 6 Plus, if you buy "off contract", then you can purchase THREE 640 XLs for the price of ONE iPhone 6 Plus.

This is, sadly, the ONLY selling point. For 1/3 of the cost of an iPhone 6 Plus, you can get a phone that is the same size, takes great pictures, has plenty of storage, and runs a great OS.

After that, you have to shut up, because that's where the questions about apps come in.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
You cannot seriously believe that the Snapdragon 400 is better than the A8. I don't know why people are so adamant at pretending these budget phones beat the newest iPhone. They barely beat the old Nokia flagships.

I definitely agree with you that Apple A8 chip has more processing power.

Having an A8 chip has its downside also. With all that processing power, the battery life on a iPhone 6 Plus is still not up to par. A S400 with 4 cores at 1.2 GHz and a 3000 MAh battery is more than sufficient to provide the required juice for more than 24 hours.

It has been proven in benchmark tests done by Anandtech that the SOC S400 did better than Apple A8 chip in terms of battery life.

Well the iPhone 6 Plus with latest A8 chip cannot beat the likes of Lumia 920/1020 (old Nokia Flagships) in terms of battery life.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It has been proven in benchmark tests done by Anandtech that the SOC S400 did better than Apple A8 chip in terms of battery life.

I used to be a truck driver. My tractor trailer could haul a bigger load than my car could, but the car got way better fuel mileage.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
This is, sadly, the ONLY selling point. For 1/3 of the cost of an iPhone 6 Plus, you can get a phone that is the same size, takes great pictures, has plenty of storage, and runs a great OS.

After that, you have to shut up, because that's where the questions about apps come in.

Bahaha.jpg

Apps are all the iSheep have got. You're paying 3x the price for slightly better processor power and slightly better PPI and apps that 98% of the population doesn't even need. However, WP is WAY smoother on much less processing power, because it isn't as bloated. That means the 640 XL could outperform the iPhone 6 + if they were both running an identical app.

I'd pay for a 640 XL before I would accept a free iPhone 6+. I just can't stand the Windows 3.1 style desktop icons to launch everything. Really? Come on, only Apple and Android still use desktop icons to launch programs. Live Tiles, baby, live tiles. I refuse to give them up.

Go troll somewhere else. I can't believe you're so scared of what Windows 10 for phones will do to your precious ecosystem that you come over here to troll.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Lets move away from the iPhone against Lumia phones please.
These comparisons always turn great threads into firestorms.

Temporarily closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes