[TUT] - How To Flash Windows Phone 8.0 GDR3 with Windows (Get Rid of Preview for Developers)

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I've written a detailed tutorial explaining a method to flash Windows Phone 8.0 GDR3 to the ATIV SE. This is a method you can use to uninstall Preview for Developers w/ 8.1, which may be useful if you are experiencing bugs with the PFD release. In the event that an 8.1 release is pushed out and PFD devices don't initially get the release (and you're impatient), you could use this to go back to stock and take the OTA update to 8.1. More information:

[TUT][ATIV SE] - How To Flash Windows Phone 8.0 GDR3 with Windows

Last edited:

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I tried to downgrade, but i can not get my win7computer to see my ativ se.

The device will not show up in "My Computer"; please ensure you are following the tutorial. The software I detailed is the only place you will see your phone, and you MUST be in Download Mode for it to be recognized through that application. Are you sure the drivers installed properly?

DrRambone

May 27, 2014
Visit site
The device will not show up in "My Computer"; please ensure you are following the tutorial. The software I detailed is the only place you will see your phone, and you MUST be in Download Mode for it to be recognized through that application. Are you sure the drivers installed properly?
I followed your guide, installed the drivers, windows finds the phone "Samsung Windows phone 8 " in Device manger.
The WP8_Binary_Downloader_Ver._3.54 can not see the phone tho.
Any ideas?

DrRambone

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Does your device say it is in Download Mode?

Ok, swapped usb-port and all ok, just restored and booting now
Update: YES, downloading the 8.1 update now.
If you on the preview, an downgrade is needed.
Thanks for this fix Jeemo :)

Last edited:

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Is there a link to this info?
Maybe I'm just not seeing it because I'm using the WP app.

Edit: Never mind, I see the link now in the browser.

Ralph Marius

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, Having issues with this. says the driver installed correct and I have it on DL mode but doesn't seem to see it? I tried 8 usb ports
Gonna try on another computer.

Ralph Marius

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
None taken and did that. I just tried on 3rd machine and just wont work. I going to try to download the package and do it again. maybe I just got a bad DL.

HDBanger

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I have tried on both win 8.1 and win 7 64 bit. Got the unsigned driver installed , rebooted, and it just will not show up in binary program. Have tried several times on both pc's. When I connect the phone in download mode, I hear the beep, but it doesnt show up. I open devices and printers and it shows up as usb downloader, but with caution symbol and says driver not loaded.. Forgot to add, it's real nice of Verizon to penalize PFD users by not allowing the official update through. Just one more reason to never look back when my contract is up..

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Capture.PNG

This device should show up in device manager. I did an experiment after the update and like your screen shot I had no channel information. I unplugged the phone and waited a second plugged it back in with the program still up. The channel info came in. Start was available. May be a timing thing with the USB driver?

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I have tried on both win 8.1 and win 7 64 bit. Got the unsigned driver installed , rebooted, and it just will not show up in binary program. Have tried several times on both pc's. When I connect the phone in download mode, I hear the beep, but it doesnt show up. I open devices and printers and it shows up as usb downloader, but with caution symbol and says driver not loaded.. Forgot to add, it's real nice of Verizon to penalize PFD users by not allowing the official update through. Just one more reason to never look back when my contract is up..

I understand most people would rather wait that drop the cash, but I paid the ETF, then bought the Lumia 830 outright on AT&T.

I'm contract free forever now, and I'm enjoying AT&T... except that I still haven't gotten Denim, but still, I feel comfortable that AT&T will get better selection of future Windows Phones as they always have - in particular flagships.

robnhl

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks very much for this. Now to decide if it's worth the risk.

Did the downgrade last night and then immediately got the upgrade from Verizon. Thanks again. Worked great on Win 8.1 64. I suspect people having driver issues are not waiting long enough once connecting the phone. My PC took about 5 minutes to setup the driver.

Skip Moore

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I have downloaded the flash but I can't find the instructions? Notes that come with the flash are crossed out to #4.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

HDBanger

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Finally got it workin, for some reason there is an update for the driver in windows update. After I ran update, it worked fine, it saw the phone and put it in the channel box the second I plugged it in. All updated to 8.1 official, lets hope the screen freezes are gone..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa