How To turn it ON !!! Dead battery for several days

acilsan

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Is it due to empty battery? I think your phone is dead just like mine. Mine is broken 3 weeks ago but it is a different case. It was 100% in the morning when I was about to go to drop my kids to school. After dropping them and on the way to my office, I just realized my phone was off and could not even turn on. I tried soft reset, windows phone and lumia recovery tools, hard reset (using the buttons like shown in youtu.be/cfSCFIy3xSw), charging it for 1 full day, etc.
If you connect to your computer, I think it will not recognize it and show QHSUSB_DLOAD in USB notification which means your phone is bricked (??). You can try sending it to nokia service center which I did not do since my phone is over 1 year old so the fee could be very high (and I saw in a forum somebody did that and the service guy said he better buy a new phone since the fee is higher than a new phone) . I sent my phone to a local phone store and waiting for the news if the guy can fix it or not.

Black Buzzard

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Is it due to empty battery? I think your phone is dead just like mine. Mine is broken 3 weeks ago but it is a different case. It was 100% in the morning when I was about to go to drop my kids to school. After dropping them and on the way to my office, I just realized my phone was off and could not even turn on. I tried soft reset, windows phone and lumia recovery tools, hard reset (using the buttons like shown in youtu.be/cfSCFIy3xSw), charging it for 1 full day, etc.
If you connect to your computer, I think it will not recognize it and show QHSUSB_DLOAD in USB notification which means your phone is bricked (??). You can try sending it to nokia service center which I did not do since my phone is over 1 year old so the fee could be very high (and I saw in a forum somebody did that and the service guy said he better buy a new phone since the fee is higher than a new phone) . I sent my phone to a local phone store and waiting for the news if the guy can fix it or not.

i think almost same here. But If I connect to my computer, I usually get USB Port insertion sound sometimes. That's the difference. I want to give a last try by freezing the phone acroding to
Zulfigar said:
Put your device into the freezer over night, make sure not to place it on top of anything wet.
this instruction.

esit2t

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
i am exactly like you,and i give my phone to the repair yesterday and he said that answer to me today he said that may boot is dead

esit2t

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
he said i have the box for flash it,turn of any reason i was work with viber than my phlone in the charge that suddenly turn off

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Is the 1020 battery removable?? If not, forget the first suggestion and proceed to the 2nd and 3rd below. I refuse to buy electronic devices without user serviceable batteries.
Edit: there are youtube videos about opening the 1020 to replace the battery so it appears it is not an easy change out.
If 1020 has a removable battery, I suggest that you go into any store that sells your model phone or one with the same battery and "borrow" their phone for a few hours. The enclosed battery will likely have enough of a charge out of the box to start your phone.
You can also test your battery in the "borrowed" phone to check its ability to accept/hold a charge.
Return "borrowed" phone to store after the tests.
If you try freezing the phone, FIRST REMOVE BATTERY FROM PHONE, wrap phone in two layers of plastic before chilling. After an hour or so in the freezer, reinsert battery and try turning it on in the normal method.
Edit: If not removable and you have no other options then just freeze the entire phone. It can't be any worse than losing your phone outside on a frigid winter day!
I used a similar method on an HP laptop with great (but temporary) success. In my case, I believe it was a weak solder joint or connection that was enhanced (expansion or contraction?) with the temperature fluctuation.
Similarly with laptops, there was a sequence with the battery out of holding down the Power Button for 60 seconds and then reinserting the battery and trying to reboot.
OK that is my entire bag of tricks. I hope one of them works for you.

Last edited:

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
But If I connect to my computer, I usually get USB Port insertion sound sometimes. :eck:
It may just have enough power to take a quick breath but becomes quickly exhausted? Is the battery removable? Have you tried another charging cable or charging outlet?
Edit: Did you try the method of charging for 30 minutes, then disconnecting, then charging for another 30 minutes, then disconnecting, then charging again?

Black Buzzard

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
It may just have enough power to take a quick breath but becomes quickly exhausted? Is the battery removable? Have you tried another charging cable or charging outlet?
Edit: Did you try the method of charging for 30 minutes, then disconnecting, then charging for another 30 minutes, then disconnecting, then charging again?

Ya i think it's quickly exhausted. It's not removable battery. I also tried with samsung Mobile charger & different charging outlet. No I did not try that method. is it effective ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo