Who's getting the 640XL

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm certainly interested, but at the same time I'm also missing the camera launch button. I used the HELL out of that. Still do.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I will play with this when AT&T throws it out there. The price is apealing.

But... would have a tough time purchasing this after the M8 for Windows AND reason out a Lumia flagship when W10 rolls out. So this would need to blow me away for the price to actually get me to buy it. Open minded though.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Definitely getting that 640XL can't wait to get off this 635. The 640 XL basically has everything I want 3000 mah battery, pureview camera with flash and a 5mp front camera. Can't wait for tmobile to give a release date

Err sorry to burst your bubble I don't think it has a pureview camera just zeiss optics :wink:.

Microsoft Lumia 640 XL LTE Specifications - Microsoft - Global

Still, it is a stellar large screen device for that price point and it should serve you well until you decide to move to another model :).

Personally, I'm waiting on some W10 flagships before I make my mind up however I know a few people who wouldn't mind the 640 XL. Now if their social circle was more open minded.... but that's another story lol.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Err sorry to burst your bubble I don't think it has a pureview camera just zeiss optics :wink:.

Microsoft Lumia 640 XL LTE Specifications - Microsoft - Global

Still, it is a stellar large screen device for that price point and it should serve you well until you decide to move to another model :).

Personally, I'm waiting on some W10 flagships before I make my mind up however I know a few people who wouldn't mind the 640 XL. Now if their social circle was more open minded.... but that's another story lol.

Yea i see, but either way it's a improvement over the cameras featured in the 640 LOL I dint want to settle for the 640 I'm hoping tmobile gets the xl

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Me ! I'm getting a 640XL in white ! I currently use a Lumia 1020, and am quite happy with it. But I wouldn't mind having such an excellent mid-ranger to play around as my secondary phone !

Rogozinski

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
My contract will finish in July, but I already can extend it now so I wait for the release of this phone. This will be my W10 phone and my Samsung Ativ SE will stay my 8.1 phone.

shoaib shah

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
My contract will finish in July, but I already can extend it now so I wait for the release of this phone. This will be my W10 phone and my Samsung Ativ SE will stay my 8.1 phone.

Don't worry it will be out this month or April 😊 so no need to wait too long

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting 2 for my parents. They've been using NOKIA's dumb phones for too long. It's time to convert them to the modern world of technology.
P/s: Remember folks that the 640XL's camera is not Pureview but it does indeed have better front camera. How I wish my 1520 had that front camera. I hope that the 1540 will come with a 5 or more MP with wide angle and full HD and a good battery to support it, as my battery dropped 9% for 1 hour video chat on Skype, which is pretty good to me. But the 1520's camera is 1.2 MP, so...

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
id get the 640XL for that great camera but im bettin anything only cricket will have it just like they were the only to carry the 1320 :( I hate cricket

I love cricket! I switched from att 2 years ago and haven't looked back. I'm saving 50$ a month and have more data. I'll be waiting for cricket to offer the new handsets.

Ozone06

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I'll be buying A 640xl in white or black. I have a 920 now but I'll get this then buy a flagship in the fall. I'm really excited about the dual sim LTE version due to being Canadian our voice/data plans suck or you can never get services (Wind). I'll have one data sim with a tablet plan and a PAYG for phone, I never use that many minutes a month. I'm really pumped for this!!!

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I love this phone. I recently got a Lumia 635 which is a great phone, the 640 XL is the perfect phone for me. I'm more of a Mid-Range user and for the price and the specs this phone feels like a steal. I only have 2 issues the first is a hope they release the green shell for it eventually cause the one I have on my 635 look amazing. The second is I haven't seen any mention of the 640 XL coming to Sprint, hopefully the closer they get to the release date they say something and it comes sooner then later. If this bad boy does come to sprint I will give back my 635 and upgrade to this in a heartbeat.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Even though I really wasn't massively interested in a large handset I'm starting to sway toward the XL.
Very good option over the 640 for $60-$70 USD more.
The con of this phone for me is no Wi-Fi calling unlocked on T-Mobile.

shoaib shah

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
​If this is the case, then this is the only mid range phablet, we will see from Microsoft this year

I think we need to wait and see to early in the year to predict. I'm sure there is another phablet in the works towards the high end range taking over from the Lumia 1520. What I guess is that it wont be the 1530 or 1540 as such but Microsoft will follow this new naming convention and call it 940xl who knows?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720