Who's getting the 640XL

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Far as I know any European phone will work anywhere in Europe. The only issue is that it will come with an EU charger and most likely the language will be German until you can change it in settings.

Ozone06

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I've decided to hold off. I have a 920. I want a "1530" Being a big guy having a 6 inch phone actually is quite nice. I thought I would get the 640xl as a stop gap and I'm planning on using dual sims, one for data then one for voice. Canadian plans are horrible!! I'm going to wait for the announcement of the flag ships and then buy one outright if they have dual sims! If not I'll have to settle on a 640xl.

Nickk Bisht

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I have got my Lumia 640 XL after a day It was launched in India. I got Black colour. Black is my favourite. I got mine at Rs. 15,650 I am happy with this phone. It has awesome camera and display. It is very smooth.

Kizzy Catwoman

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I have pre-ordered two from Amazon.de as it saves me between ?50 and ?60 on the dual sim LTE version in cyan and Orange. Just waiting for them to receive stock so they can ship them to me. Am really impatient now. Good thing is that shipping from Europe means no customs fees and a saving because of the ?to? ratio right now. I also had a ?10 voucher because I bought a 535 for my daughter in December. So My orange 640XL will cost me ?208 or about ?149 delivered.

But I thought it was released yesterday in Germany and yet Amazon has not yet got stock nor a date when they will receive it.

Oh well, Am seriously excited. My 925 has been a bit buggy after it bricked on the denim update. A refresh with the recovery too took it back to cyan and it is ok, but refuses to connect to the server to any updates at all. So time to give it to my husband as a portable xbox gaming device and for me to upgrade to the 640 XL.

danijel0000

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I've ordered an orange one from Amazon.de for 211?, but have cancelled it in favor to black one whose price dropped to 198?, amazon itself is a seller.

It's not like color is important to me,I'm looking to get it cheaper I can.

And I'm really impatient to get it, don't know what amazon is waiting for?

Kizzy Catwoman

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Allysisa noticed that the German one is not LTE. I cancelled and have now preordered through the French Microsoft store. Is ?249 but is dual Sim AND LTE and is ?40 cheaper than the UK with FREE delivery and a release date of 15th May

Nikola Andrejevic

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
hi, i have one question (which is very important for me) about L640 XL, what is the situation when using data internet on dual sim version of this phone? i need to know how do sim cards behave altogether, when in call and when data is on, when i will be available and when out of reach (e.g. will i be out of reach on sim1 if data is on on sim 2..)
all help in resolving this will be appreciated!! tnx

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
K...changing directions here.

I will grab the 640XL from whomever offers it unlocked for the lowest price here in the US.
Pretty sure I'll be buying the XL from B&H Photo...

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Just received mine from MS UK this morning - I got bored of waiting for the ?185 deals to have stock, and justified the Quidco cashback and free shipping putting the price closer to ?200.

First impressions without powering on - the size is totally fine, not too large. The power button is fairly low down on the side and the volume rockers are well within reach. It's thinner than I expected too!

Size comparisons next to a 920 and OnePlus One - note also the camera quality in exactly the same lighting :p

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Attachments

• 138370.jpg
    138370.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 138372.jpg
    138372.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 18

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Just received mine from MS UK this morning - I got bored of waiting for the ?185 deals to have stock, and justified the Quidco cashback and free shipping putting the price closer to ?200.

First impressions without powering on - the size is totally fine, not too large. The power button is fairly low down on the side and the volume rockers are well within reach. It's thinner than I expected too!

Size comparisons next to a 920 and OnePlus One - note also the camera quality in exactly the same lighting :p

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

That's the perfect size kids not to big kid the 1520 at all thanks for the pics. I just wish we knew what was going on with the us tmobile release

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
This is getting rediculous now. MS UK is out of stock and all the alternative sellers (Expansys, Clove etc.) have no stock until mid-late May.

Am after the dual-sim LTE in orange. Even went to stores to try out similarly sized phones which only made me more excited.

​I want this for going on holiday at the end of the month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs