Dual SIM -LTE?

wprocks

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
If I understand the specs correctly WC reported wrong information in the articles about 640XL being a Dual-SIM LTE capable. Microsoft mobile website does not mention that.

gedster314

Jun 20, 2007
Visit site
I have a Dual Sim 640XL. I have not tried two LTE sims at once but I have had my LTE data sim in port 1 and got LTE and switched it to port 2 and got LTE also. I currently don't have a voice plan with LTE. I use a pay as you go calling and texting only sim and a data only sim. So I can not test if both ports can have 3G/4G/LTE at the same time.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Even if both SIM slots are LTE capable, only one will work at a given time. Having both working at the same time will fry your skin cells and battery will deplete drastically.

alisaad619

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I have a Dual Sim 640XL. I have not tried two LTE sims at once but I have had my LTE data sim in port 1 and got LTE and switched it to port 2 and got LTE also. I currently don't have a voice plan with LTE. I use a pay as you go calling and texting only sim and a data only sim. So I can not test if both ports can have 3G/4G/LTE at the same time.

from where did you buy the Dual sim LTE 640XL ?

enixon

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Dual SIM LTE version from Expansys USA, it's listed at just 640 XL, but I received a Dual SIM LTE. It gets LTE for AT&T in New Jersey. You can select date for either SIM, and I have an LTE SIM in SIM 2. Both are not concurrent LTE, but when switched, I get LTE on SIM 2 and the other just says "G".

gedster314

Jun 20, 2007
Visit site
I bought the Dual SIM LTE version from Expansys USA, it's listed at just 640 XL, but I received a Dual SIM LTE. It gets LTE for AT&T in New Jersey. You can select date for either SIM, and I have an LTE SIM in SIM 2. Both are not concurrent LTE, but when switched, I get LTE on SIM 2 and the other just says "G".

Oh man, wish I would have known Expansys 640XLs were dual sim. I paid $304 off ebay. It came from HK in 2 days though. Oh well, it's still a nice phone.

Kizzy Catwoman

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I ordered 2 Dual Sim LTE 640 XLs from Microsoft France. Been waiting over a month for this blinking phone. Really 2 months, but I wanna cry. Microsoft still have it as PROCESSING even though the launch date was today and I was hoping to get it by today. Grrr. Even the Microsoft agent didn't know why it had not been processed already. It has been Processing for 2 days so far. And I am getting so fed up. Just want my new phone. No. I am not buying the single sim option from the UK for ?185 or ?219, I am paying ?180 for the Dual variant from France so It is worth getting the upgraded version.

But WHY? Microsoft. Why are you not sending this blinking phone to people who have waited weeks to get this phone. France is like the last place to get the phone at all. It is so annoying. Anyone have an idea why Microsoft is taking so long?

nesetceri

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Like you I (UK) ordered Lumia 640 XL LTE Cyane from MC France..this morning I enquired about it ,the operator was't event sure if they had it in their warehouse although dispatch date was on last Friday...my opinion, MC France=Avoid

Kizzy Catwoman

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Looks like Lumia 640 XL LTE will not be released before June 2015..I asked why, MC France had no idea

Preordered 2 from France & never turned up. Finally got an English speaking agent to look into it for me. She turned out to be a lovely German lady who phoned me back on Monday to say they had run out of phones. I had already been told on Friday by a really rude English speaking French agent that the French people would get theirs first and other European orders would be sent out later. Even Amazon can't send them out.

Am so disappointed in MS. My order says "Processing" but it is just sitting there and my 925 is gaining problems daily. I can barely make a call without it cutting off and it will no longer update at all ever again cos it refuses to sync with the time server as the updates. Half the time it stops typing and it has a tendency to slow down and then suddenly reboot to black with Nokia on screen. I need my new phone and it has to be dual sim and it has to be LTE.

Kizzy Catwoman

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
An update. As of right now Amazon.fr has them available for next day delivery. I bought my phones from there and rang Microsoft on 08000260329 with my order number and asked them to cancel my order due to being able to purchase it from Amazon in stock and no date from MS store. The advisor had sent a cancellation request to the fulfillment centre and will phone me back when it is definitely cancelled. I hope this helps.

nesetceri

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Kirstein..I will do the same..cancel my order from MC and reorder from Amazon France..Do you know how long will it take to be delivered ? Is it definitely the same phone ( Lumia 640 XL LTE Cyane ) ?

gedster314

Jun 20, 2007
Visit site
I'm installing Windows 10 on mine as I type. How horrible wrong could go on my 2 week old phone? I do have an Android phone in reserve if it goes t*ts up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05