Icon owners moving to the Flagship?

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I would certainly upgrade to a new flagship on Verizon. MY contract is up in Nov so hopefully one will be announced or released around that time.

Sandman2749

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Im actually semi-tempted to try the 640xl for a bit while waiting for a 940 or whatever. My only complaint with the icon is that i sometimes lose signal at my house. i suspect that Telus is using a different gsm band there and my icon is having trouble picking it up.

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Well of course the decision to upgrade to a new flagship phone will depend totally on the specs and design of the flagship when it comes out. Since there's nothing in the rumor mill ( except maybe the Lumia 940) there's nothing to compare the Icon to. But a sleeker design with a more powerful/faster chipset and great battery life would be the basis for my going with something new. Until then, I am very happy with my Lumia Icon. I confirmed that by activating my Motorola Droid Turbo once again and using for a few days. I was so disappointed with it that I'm back on the Icon and knowing just how GREAT it is!

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I'll be sticking with my Icon, great phone. I do hope that a verizon compatable 640xl comes about though, would make a great backup phone if something happens to my Icon... (accidents do happen)

amd20x6

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I don't see a reason to "upgrade" what is by far the best phone I've ever owned. The only reason I ditched my 920 was to switch to Verizon's network.

No contract to worry about either, so there's no financial incentives to drop a perfectly good piece of hardware for something else. I'd have to pay Verizon ~4x what I'm paying now to get more or less the same service on a contract.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I echo everything said about the Icon in this thread = BEST smartphone I have ever owned. Both the camera, OIS, 4K video, 4 mics, and awesome 1080p AMOLED screen where I can clearly read the smallest of text, graphic and photos. Denim is KILLLER!

And, now that we know we have a Win 10 upgrade path = what's not to like.

Oh yes ... I hate Verizon for dropping the Icon but their 4G LTE is simply too good!

Back in stock at the Microsoft store

Buy Nokia Lumia Icon for Verizon - Microsoft Store

amd20x6

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
<snip>Back in stock at the Microsoft store

For those of us without a contract, you can still get a refurb'd Icon on Ebay for ~$200. Mine looked nearly brand new with maybe a week's worth of wear if you look closely enough.

Definitely better than the $500 the MS store is asking for. I prefer refurbished electronics anyway; it means a real person spent time testing the exact item you'll get.

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I echo everything said about the Icon in this thread = BEST smartphone I have ever owned. Both the camera, OIS, 4K video, 4 mics, and awesome 1080p AMOLED screen where I can clearly read the smallest of text, graphic and photos. Denim is KILLLER!

And, now that we know we have a Win 10 upgrade path = what's not to like.

Oh yes ... I hate Verizon for dropping the Icon but their 4G LTE is simply too good!

Back in stock at the Microsoft store

Buy Nokia Lumia Icon for Verizon - Microsoft Store

Best phone with the worst battery life. I echo the other commentators who mentioned an all day battery. Building a phone with a battery less than 3000 maH in today's world is simply irresponsible. Bigger, more power hungry displays and processors simply overwhelm a small battery like the Icon's.

I hope they don't make that mistake again.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

I see sentiments like this here a lot, but I don't understand them. How is Verizon any worse than AT&T? Verizon has done much better than AT&T at providing Denim so far. AT&T doesn't currently carry a much better lineup of high end phones than Verizon. Let's not even mention T-Mobile & Sprint and their support for WP. How is Verizon's support any worse than the others? In my opinion they're currently the best!

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I am 100% looking to upgrade to a Windows flagship...from Microsoft or from someone else. However, there's only one thing I'm looking for in a flagship which is true all day battery life. All day battery life is something that the Icon does not deliver. Everything else I am content with, so if the next flagship does not offer that, there's no sense in me upgrading. If that is the case, I would be truly disappointed, and either keep my Icon, or even possibly jump ship.

I have to agree there...even moderate use, I am down below 50%, so I always charge mid-day...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077