Looking for SPH-I800 (Sprint) WP 8.1 ROM

SolaAesir

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have access to the csc/wp8 files for Windows Phone 8.1 on the Ativ S Neo for Sprint(SPH-I800)?

I and many others are unable to update to WP 8.1 over the air because, like user's with the developer preview in the 323035-8-1-samsung-ativ-s-neo thread (sorry, can't link yet), we have no active network showing. Unfortunately we can't just flash back to the stock rom (which most of us are on) because the issue is with Sprint's MVNO network and not our phones. It's been 4 months and Sprint still hasn't fixed the issue for us or developer preview issues so I'm hoping there's a rom available somewhere in the bowels of the internet that I and the many others who are waiting for the update can flash to.

I've Googled my heart out but I've only been able to find the files for WP8 (Taylors Super rom tool dump on the xda-developers forum) and I'm hoping someone here, who is a little more involved in the modding community, might know where I could find the files for 8.1.

SolaAesir

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately that only has the ROMs for version 8.0 and not 8.1, at least on the SPH-I800. I'm hoping someone knows of a similar pack with the 8.1 ROMs.

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
If you flash your phone back to 8.0 you will get notifications for the 8.1 update. That's what a few of us running DP had to do.

SolaAesir

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
That doesn't work if you're on a Sprint MVNO because they aren't giving us the over the air updates. That's the issue I'm trying to get around.

NuAngel

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
That doesn't work if you're on a Sprint MVNO because they aren't giving us the over the air updates. That's the issue I'm trying to get around.

Enroll in the Developer Preview (NOT the WP10 Technical Preview), and you can force your phone to acquire Windows Phone 8.1. The "Developer Builds" are very stable and reliable - the "technical preview" of Windows Phone 10 isn't for every day use, but the "Developer Preview" works great and will get you up to WP8.1 no matter your carrier.

Instructions here:
http://winsupersite.com/windows-phone/get-windows-phone-81-soon-possible

dwellman

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Enroll in the Developer Preview
Please note to anyone finding this thread via search. Enrolling for free for the purposes of Preview for Developers ended a year ago*. It's possible that anyone that registered during the "free" period will have to pay $19 to re-register. Then again: Preview for Developers is what got us into this mess to begin with.

*Developer Unlocking ended as well. Windows Phone 8.0 CAN NOT DEVELOPER UNLOCKED in ANY CASE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12