Why does my camera on my Lumia 1020 have a chirpsound?

MarvelousMarvs

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Camera Lumia 1020 "chirp"sound

There is a sound like a "chirp"of a bird during capturing images, the moment the shutter closes. This sound is apart from the "click"sound. And the chirp sounds again after capturing during reopening of the camera after capture.

I am thinking this will be a future squeak sound.
but nothing affects the focusing on video and on photos.

Please comment if you have the same sound.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Camera Lumia 1020 "chirp"sound

I believe its the shutter sound, same thing with those loud dslr snaps when taking photos.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Not the shutter sound.
​it seems to indicate a focus lock/"ready to shoot" status.

​test it on a close-up subject to clearly see the distinction

MarvelousMarvs

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site

www youtube com / watch ?v =wDqeI 35PnLg

i got your point, the focus lock sound, i know that and thats not what im talking about,,, this is my video of my lumia 1020..the sound of a chirp like a bird or something is scratching upon closing and reopening..can you tell me if it sounds the same as your units?...i only notice that sound when i zero the volume of sounds so that all you can hear is the mechanism.....try to capture with your phone in your ears to hear what im talking about. thanks.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Haven't watched the video, but I generally just accept/ignore any noises from the OIS.

MarvelousMarvs

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site

yes sir, just check your device, capture something with the back camera module on your ear to hear all the sound. just wanted to know if it is the same as yours.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I have the same with my 1020 though, it only occurs when taking photos so I assumed that this might have something to do with the shutter. I have a dslr, similar sound also appears when taking long exposures- the shutter opening and closing time(not the shutter speed, the physical shutter)or buffer time or image processing time of the Lumia 1020 is slow and quite similar to 2-3 second exposure. If maybe the camera is as large as the dslr they might have the same shutter sound as the dslr, maybe its just a mini sound of a dslr's shutter snap. Well I'm not sure though cause I don't know anything about the inside mechanism of the 1020's camera or any camera but I'm pretty sure its normal I heard the same sound the first time I took a photo with it and I heard the almost identical chirp sound when taking a long exposure with my dlsr.

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

There's something to do with the OIS system. It's audible since the sensor is much bigger than the one on a normal phone (say a 920).

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

My compact camera makes the same noise after you take a photo. I'd assume it's the OIS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster