SO...the M8 WP is FREE on VZW!

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. I owned a Lumia Icon and loved it. I owned the Android version of the M8 and enjoyed it very much. I LOVE Windows Phone however is the free price of admission worth a two year date with a device that may or may not see WP 10 until the end of the year? Thoughts please!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Well I got mine for free on AT&T 5 months ago and was very happy to do so. Would I say the same now? No honesty. New hardware is coming soon, yes it won't come for free but will be a whole new generation better.

As for Windows 10, expect the M8 to be added to the preview soon.

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Its a tough one to ponder for me. I really enjoy the WP aesthetics but but the hardware just always seemed just a step behind the competition. I loved the Icon it was built like a tank and performed admirably. I just felt like it would benefit from a little slimmer design, a faster smoother, easier camera interface, an extra gig of RAM, and much better battery life. Many of those things were addressed with the M8 but it kinda felt like WP was slapped onto the device as an after thought.

It doesn't help that MS is really dragging its feet with its WP strategy overall. I'll always be a big fan and supporter but MS really needs to step up to the plate and bring something power users can relish...

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Stiv X

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I truly believe Microsoft will roll full force once W10 is released. I think this will include W10 on phones. I think they are "all in" on this.

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
If Verizon wasn't the worst of the four carriers out here, I'd get one. I've wanted to move to Windows phone for some time, but every time the other three release a Windows phone, it's two weeks AFTER Microsoft announces an even newer version... AUUGGGHHHH

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon