Lumia 930 out of production by April?

tigrucat

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft are closing the Nokia factories in China at the end of this month. My Lumia 930 says "Made in China". The phone has more more quality issues than any recent flagship phone (except poss. iPhone) and has lost nearly half its original value. I cannot see therefore how it would be cost effective for Microsoft to transfer production of this phone to Vietnam.

Microsoft to shut two Chinese plants, wrap up 9,000 layoffs | The Seattle Times

It is curtains for this phone? - I think so. The Lumia 1520 went out of production 12 months from launch.

From personal experience, unless you are desperate for a Nokia phone or like me have already bought accessories for it, forget about this phone and wait for the Lumia 940 as it is a lottery as to whether you will get one that actually works with no issues. If you do want this phone get it from a trusted retailer such as Amazon with a good 30 day returns policy as you will need it! So far I haven't had a winning phone - I've decided to wait until after Easter to try out phone no 3 in the hope of getting one that was manufactured after Microsoft were alerted of issues. - Last two I had to return were made in June 2014.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Relax dude you don't have to worry about these things, its up to Microsoft if they want their future phones to be built with premium quality with the same price value.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
@tigrucat>How did you find out when your 930 was made? Curious about mine since it doesn't seem to have the problem others have reported.

tigrucat

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi Mary,

I haven't got a 930 on me currently but I think it was in settings and "About Phone" - I will have a look on my 635 later as the set up is similar.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Have they stopped production of the 1520? Because there are places still selling them new... And ms Spain told me last week to wait a few weeks because they have a new shipment of 1520s coming in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05