Anybody use their 830 without a case?

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody on here use their 830's without a case? I have one on mine and want to remove it but afraid of scratching it up and destroying it. Anybody tell me if it's okay without one? I'm not clumsy or anything, it just looks better without it.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Not without a case but without a screen protector. It's been 2 months and everything good as new. I use a thin transparent TPU case which gives a slight grip to the otherwise slippery body (my opinion). Overall I'm quite happy, it's just that I take precaution while keeping the phone in my pocket without anything sharp/blunt enough to scratch the screen

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been using mine with the incipio octane since release. For about two weeks I've not been using the case because I like it better without the case. I store mine in a belt holster and so far no scratches. On the other hand, my wife's would not survive without getting scratches without a case. She stores hers in her hand bag in which it can move around and get scratched.
It really depends. I made that same decision with my L920 a while back and I dropped it the first day, trying to be extra careful. Murphy's law

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
That's the case I have and it seems quite bulky compared to without it.

I have been using mine with the incipio octane since release. For about two weeks I've not been using the case because I like it better without the case. I store mine in a belt holster and so far no scratches. On the other hand, my wife's would not survive without getting scratches without a case. She stores hers in her hand bag in which it can move around and get scratched.
It really depends. I made that same decision with my L920 a while back and I dropped it the first day, trying to be extra careful. Murphy's law

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody on here use their 830's without a case? I have one on mine and want to remove it but afraid of scratching it up and destroying it. Anybody tell me if it's okay without one? I'm not clumsy or anything, it just looks better without it.
I did. Dropped it by accident (the wind blew it out if my pocket somehow) and chipped the edge(its really tiny though). Now use a case

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
It's a risk, but I use mine without a case as well. The phone is too beautiful for a case IMO. If I had a phone with a mundane, boring design like an iPhone or Sammy, I'd use a case.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Beautiful designed phone, but it is a slippery sucker when naked. I use a thin clear silicone on mine. Btw, with the case on, I dropped mine and cracked the screen because it landed face down. Then again, any other phone would have broken from such a drop. Amazingly, everything works just fine. So it is well built.

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I had it for about 4 days without a case. By then the phone have dropped about 2-3 times. In each time making a dent on the metal corners. After that I just bought a case.

I do love the phone because, it feels so good in the hand and so smooth. But, is so slippery that you think it has oil around it lol.

I don't like cases. They're bulky. I found one that is "ultra thing" but, even that one is a bit bulky. Outside of home case always on. But, at home, my 830 is always naked lol!

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I've got butterfingers so my 830 is cased. Here's the Tudia case (photos taken with Lumia 735)
WP_20150307_17_18_38_Pro.jpg
WP_20150307_17_17_22_Pro.jpg
WP_20150307_17_19_08_Pro.jpg
WP_20150307_17_17_02_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I've never used a case on mine, had it since release (Nov. 4th). I do, however, have the full body screen protector on it (screen and back cover, I took of the past that goes around the metal edges because I didn't like the way it felt). The "self healing" wrap gives the usually slick phone some grip too.

I actually left my 830, plugged into a portable charger, on top of my car and slung it of into the road... the phone was perfectly fine, minutes 2 small nicks on the metal frame - if I had the preferred in that part or would have been flawless.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I used a cheap transparent case for the first 3 months. I was very much tempted by the sexy look of the device that I stopped using the case. But on removing the case I discovered that paint had worn off from the sides of my my black metal frame. I stopped using that cheap case.. Now for past 2 months I'm using without a case. Till now no more scratches. But the 'N' of 'Nokia' emblem in the back is wearing off a little now. But I'm still comfortable with the awesome look of the device...
PS: after removing the case,till now no falls :)

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
That's what I'm saying! I got the black version and I ordered an orange backing. It goes along with my favorite holiday hahaha. I want this bad boy to be shown off

If I were you I would get a full body protector from Skinomi. It protects from scratches and does take most of the damage from an accidental drop (damage does depend on how bad the drop was)

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I have dabbled with hardbacks and flip cases in the past but for me they hide the actual device itself and detract from the experience. I just keep my phone in my left pocket and everything else goes in the right. I don't throw it about and treat it for what it is - an expensive piece of technology. The great thing about the 830 (and some other phones) is that the bit you do plonk down on a surface (the back) is easily replaceable .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99