Lumia 1520 Hello again, I return to stay, bye bye note 4 and android...

diego866

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Good friends and greetings from Spain, I will tell my mini experience of mobile lately I have had the note 4 samsung s5, htc m8, meizu mx4 pro, lg g3, xiaomi mi4, iphone 6 thl 5000 etc etc, all good phones with android ....
I had to get rid of a cell phone and was in the note 4 and 1520, I sold the note 4 and as he had more mobile I said, I'll put instead sale 1520, well, I did not, and I've been with my lumia 1520, new ...
Will say that I prefer the 1520 before the note 4 to the meizu mx4 pro? Well, I'm very tired of the monopoly of google, I love windows phone, much improved, transitions of menus love me, touch 1520 in hand for me is higher than the note 4, the cam of 1520 and lumia audio is higher than the note 4 ...
I had not long ago also lumia 1020, that is a mini reflex camera and the rest is nonsense, go fotazas to, as I give more priority to hardware and also to not stay short in photography and videos I opted for lumia 1520, without Indeed, when the game clash of clans to windows phone comes (I'm sure you'd just coming) I will be the happiest guy ... for now game since 1520 computer and use it as a camera, video recorder and portable browser, a authentic past.
Only say that if I pass a note 4 to 1520 I want to say that there is life beyond android, samsung and apple, though not enough.
you have some photos taken with my old 1020, just very good.
a big hug and apologize for the billet

13828313245_4ccac14bf7_o.jpg13828314435_f888402f4f_o.jpg13828324205_0be712b91f_o.jpg13828673104_15bdd52303_o.jpg

PS say the note 4 is a terminal magnificent, and if we add the gear vr even more but the 1520 is not far behind, the camera, the audio and snapdragon 800 even gives much play, hug,

Attachments

• zjxauh.jpg
    zjxauh.jpg
    451.5 KB · Views: 30

anon67808

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I have both phones - Note 4 and 1520 that is. Both great phones, both great OS's. However, if I had to get rid of one it would be the 1520 by a rather large margin. Reasons being: the sheer amount of useful and/or official apps and quality of (polished, fit and finish nature) of apps, far more 3rd party compatible gadgets, chargers, case options, smaller size (the Note 4 feels significantly smaller in hand while only having a 0.3" smaller screen), removable battery, Note 4 feels more well built than the 1520 - even though the 1520 doesn't feel cheap by all means. I live in both Google and MS's ecosystem and to be completely honest, MS services work more fluidly in my opinion on Android then they do on their own mobile platform such as: Onedrive, Outlook, Skype, Office, etc.

To end, I like 'em both and will be utilizing both for another two years minimum. W10 on mobile could be game changing or could blow up in their faces.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I have both phones - Note 4 and 1520 that is. Both great phones, both great OS's. However, if I had to get rid of one it would be the 1520 by a rather large margin. Reasons being: the sheer amount of useful and/or official apps and quality of (polished, fit and finish nature) of apps, far more 3rd party compatible gadgets, chargers, case options, smaller size (the Note 4 feels significantly smaller in hand while only having a 0.3" smaller screen), removable battery, Note 4 feels more well built than the 1520 - even though the 1520 doesn't feel cheap by all means. I live in both Google and MS's ecosystem and to be completely honest, MS services work more fluidly in my opinion on Android then they do on their own mobile platform such as: Onedrive, Outlook, Skype, Office, etc.

To end, I like 'em both and will be utilizing both for another two years minimum. W10 on mobile could be game changing or could blow up in their faces.

Hmm... I can't say the Note 4 is a bad device, because it most certainly isn't. It's an awesome device! I have had so many samsung devices and they just keep getting slower and slower with time and all the bloat... Arg... Android got stale for me, that's why I made the jump. I'll probably be back some day, but in all honesty, Windows Phone just works for me ATM.

Now, when I picked up the 1520 I got it for not so much, used but in perfect condition.
The Note 4 costs more than double that for new, and double that for used.

That was a game changer for me. Especially since I'm really into changing devices and this current generation of devices isn't really appealing to me... Either that or my standards have changed and wouldn't pay 650 euros for a phone when I can get an awesome powerful 6" 1520 with fantastic battery life and a kick **** camera (the two most important things for me) for way less... And on top of that, the 1520 came out in late 2013 and MS has promised in 2015 updates to Windows 10! Still awesome specs, still great device for the money. That's what it came down to for me. I could save a bunch of cash for the next WP flagship (or Android if it is really appealing), and still have an AWESOME shooter and great overall device.

PS- Saludos desde Espa?a!!! =D

Last edited:

Valerius666

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Never had Android, almost went for a Note Edge as my first Android device, then I thought... this is the last Nokia branded phone, is their best and I am already very familiar with it.
I needed the big screen because at my age the view of things nearby is getting off focused a little, I needed the bigger keyboard because my thumbs hate to press the wrong key when the keyboard is in portrait mode, I needed the bigger battery because I am tired of worrying about it getting depleted so much all the time, I wanted that 20 megapixel shooter with OIS and surround sound recording and did not want to give up best faces app, I can see spreadsheet like never before on Office, Cortana did not make me miss a stylus and the info on the lock screen did not make me miss the pulsating led; I also like to be different than the mass out there so, not only I've chosen WP again (I come from a 920), but I even ordered a yellow shell to substitute the black one that came with the phone. I admit it, even if I had the money to spend, I would have been still very tempted toward the 1520, it is "the end of the Nokia era phone", but boys... they left with a bang.

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
LOONG time Android user... rooted all my phones (except the last one because it did everything I wanted), had many brands and when my Verizon contract was up last month, I was all set to sell my Note2 and re-sign and upgrade to the Note4, but then my daughters battery died on her Nokia 822 so I let her take my phone and I charged and used hers for a day... That's all it took... I wanted a bigger more powerful version of her phone. It was beautiful, fast and just plain brilliant. Sold my Note2, dumped Verizon, Picked up a brand new ATT 1520 off contract for 300 and plopped it on Cricket for $40/Mo.. 2nd line is $30, next would be 20 and then 10... you can't beat it.. I was paying 140 for two phones with 3GB shared on Verizon... added a third phone and the bill was nearly 180 with only 3GB shared among all three! Now each phone gets 2.5GB and it's under 100.... No question it's way cheaper and I get to use the most awesome phone I ever used, the 1520!

canonuevo

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the 1520, but currently using the note 4 just cause my screen cracked. I love my 1520 and didn't want to switch. Never tried android so the note 4 was my first device. It was very fast. Only thing I like about it is it's customization and apps. Other than that, I will always love my 1520. It's a beast in it's own right.

ElronTheElder

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Currently switching between a flagship android and L1520.
Have found most of my time is spent on the L1520.
Great phone. No complaints so far.
Think live tiles is a killer function.

anon67808

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Currently switching between a flagship android and L1520.
Have found most of my time is spent on the L1520.
Great phone. No complaints so far.
Think live tiles is a killer function.

​Same here however my time is split like this: 99.9% of the time I'm using my Note 4. 0.1% of the time its the 1520.

James Anderson16

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Windows has it's own unique quality and features. I like windows but, there is not plenty of Software for windows os that's why it is not getting popularity.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720