ICON not updating time or apps

msimmons803

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
My friend, a fellow ICON owner, is having some problems this morning and I was wondering if you guys could help. The date and time on his phone will not update today and also all of his apps that need to be updated show as pending. we have checked his WiFi and tries over LTE and still nothing. He has restarted phone a few times, turned off some settings and turned back on. He had a similar problem about a week ago and did a factory reset and that fixed it.

Thanks in advance.

fahadaslam2000

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem on my Lumia 625 in India that apps cannot be updated and installed from the store though the time is correct as it syncs over the cellular network. Tried over WiFi and HSPA+ network but no difference. Moreover the apps that I have uninstalled show as installed in the store when it is searched for, and opening the details page of the app gives me option to install the app which remains forever in pending. Facing the issue with Candy Crush Saga and MSN News :/

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Is settings>date+time>Set date and time automatically toggled on?
I have in the past had a carrier that didn't time sync with my phone in a timely manner.

msimmons803

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
When he sets time manually it does have correct time but his calenders appointments do not adjust to this time. when he sets time back to auto the time is wrong again. We have the same carrier and my time is correct. Also, we are in SC and our time changed last night - Daylight saving time...

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Also, we are in SC and our time changed last night - Daylight saving time...

I think you hit the nail on the head. I may not be a problem with the phone, but with the network and the time servers that it syncs with. I can't replicate though because Hawaii doesn't do daylight savings time.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Btw, I think the DST bug may have affected Quiet Hours too. Since the mainland (I live in Hawaii) switched to DST, my Quiet Hours haven't been working properly. It's supposed to turn on at 9PM. However, 9PM rolls around and it shows as off. I've toggled in on and off manually, but nothing. My phone is showing correct time and date, which is weird, since Quiet Hours should be tied to the phone's time and date not a server's time and date.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2