When will AT&T Lumia 830 get PROPER Denim update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Notice the @LumiaHelp response doesn't say WHICH update they are working on with ATT. Who knows what that means?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
here is the response I got today after some last tweets from March 26. Note there were a lot more tweets before that and from that they do know the difference between Denim and Denim on the 830.

lumiahelp.PNG

acrodex

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Look - up in the sky - it's a plane, it's a bird, it's a...

nah, just an old pig flying by.
You know , there is a law in California that any phone made after 7/1/2015 has to have the kill switch. So unless 830 is discontinued before that, it will have a 8.1gdr2 by then.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, now they're just trolling us. They just tweeted a picture of a Lumia 830 with the hashtag #LumiaCamera -_-

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Haha yeah I just tweeted them too and included ATT. This is getting ridiculous already. At this point they better roll GDR2 into the Denim update!!

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Guys att just told me no more 1520 to replace my broken one. They say they have 830 to exchange. But im coming from an 1520! If I take the 830 what will I miss out on besides the screen size ? I'm so pissed @ ms because att what's to get me what i want but thanks to ms ...there's nothing comparable to my 1520 ! Sure maybe in like 6 month's or so but wow I could use an upgrade like now . Suck how there plenty of new androids every year and at least a new iPhone every year but for us here on WP .....mad budget phones . New flagship every other year ....maybe.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok, now they're just trolling us. They just tweeted a picture of a Lumia 830 with the hashtag #LumiaCamera -_-

Can you post the tweet, or just let us know who tweeted it so we can respond?

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
@LumiaHelp: @gmfeld1 We're already working with AT&T regarding this software update. Rest assured that this will be available soon. ^EA

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Guys att just told me no more 1520 to replace my broken one. They say they have 830 to exchange. But im coming from an 1520! If I take the 830 what will I miss out on besides the screen size ? I'm so pissed @ ms because att what's to get me what i want but thanks to ms ...there's nothing comparable to my 1520 ! Sure maybe in like 6 month's or so but wow I could use an upgrade like now . Suck how there plenty of new androids every year and at least a new iPhone every year but for us here on WP .....mad budget phones . New flagship every other year ....maybe.

Screen size (6 vs 5), density, superior camera, and much faster processor. I like the 830 quite a bit, but you're getting hosed.

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Screen size (6 vs 5), density, superior camera, and much faster processor. I like the 830 quite a bit, but you're getting hosed.

Agreed! That sucks. I like my 830 so far but all the specs on the 1520 are double that of the 830. Try to get a credit from them and see if the MS store still has the 1520 or make ATT find one for you. I can't believe they don't have any refurbished replacements left anywhere.

Or if you can hold out a little while longer, ATT should have the 640 XL soon. Maybe take the 830 until it comes out.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Agreed! That sucks. I like my 830 so far but all the specs on the 1520 are double that of the 830. Try to get a credit from them and see if the MS store still has the 1520 or make ATT find one for you. I can't believe they don't have any refurbished replacements left anywhere.

Or if you can hold out a little while longer, ATT should have the 640 XL soon. Maybe take the 830 until it comes out.
I'm waiting as ill be using my upgrade for another 2 years so want a new phone......ir another 1520 of ebay

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

I'd take the 830 over the 640 XL, personally. Although specs wise they're very similar.

There are tons of AT&T 1520s available online. Maybe find a way to get a hold of one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss