When will AT&T Lumia 830 get PROPER Denim update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
So, does Insider get you GDR2, then you disable insider you don't go to 10?

edit: nm, found how to do it. Doesn't seem like update 2 adds much.

Last edited:

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this link is allowed, so in case it gets zapped, you essentially download Windows Insider, check for updates, when it finds one make sure it update 2 as opposed to WP10, then delete the Insider app (to prevent it from going for W10 immediately after installing update 2), then install the update you just download (after you've confirmed it is still 8.1, and NOT 10).

Windows Insider app delivers Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 to any handset which does not support W10M TP [Update: Here's how to get WP8.1 Update 2 on any device without going for Windows 10 Technical Preview] - WMPoweruser

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this link is allowed, so in case it gets zapped, you essentially download Windows Insider, check for updates, when it finds one make sure it update 2 as opposed to WP10, then delete the Insider app (to prevent it from going for W10 immediately after installing update 2), then install the update you just download (after you've confirmed it is still 8.1, and NOT 10).

Windows Insider app delivers Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 to any handset which does not support W10M TP [Update: Here's how to get WP8.1 Update 2 on any device without going for Windows 10 Technical Preview] - WMPoweruser

Thanks! :)

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

That was 2 weeks ago, you can't get Update 2 now via Insider for the 830 AND the list of handsets which will get Windows 10 Mobile TP include the Lumia 830. If you do that: "fast track" W10 will download eventually and you can't stop it. You won't get Update 2 that was a glitch.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
That was 2 weeks ago, you can't get Update 2 now via Insider for the 830 AND the list of handsets which will get Windows 10 Mobile TP include the Lumia 830. If you do that: "fast track" W10 will download eventually and you can't stop it. You won't get Update 2 that was a glitch.

Great info - thanks for posting!

Personally, as soon as WP10 includes office, I'll go ahead and bite. I've had it on a 635 for awhile, and I liked some things, not some others. But, I need Office on the daily.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
* posted April 20
Rogers, Telus and Fido ? sent the Denim update OTA in or around March 17, not Feb 20.

Lol you seem to be very specific with dates. Do you know I had a prototype 830 on which I had flashed the RM-984 ROM on? Then I flashed it with the Brazilian denim ROM which was released almost a week or two before the Rogers release. So yes I've been using the Denim ROM for a while, almost 2 months

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
OK, so does Insider currently go straight to Win10, or does it do Update 2 first?

Good luck in getting Update 2 on you're 830..it's not available NOW ( it was April 10) , - no matter what you read.

In WP10? I thought it currently did not have Office, but was possibly in the next release after some recent leaks.

And sorry I thought that you wanted Office -period, I don't know if it's available with W10 (apparently not) but it's already loaded as an OS app on the 830 with 8.1

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
OK, so does Insider currently go straight to Win10, or does it do Update 2 first?

It really depends on your build. I went to Denim to Update 2 on my 830 (RM-985 w/ Rogers denim ROM) last Wednesday but yesterday I went from Cyan to v14219 to W10TP directly on my AT&T 635. I really can't find a straight relation here.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

My 830 running Denim did prompt me to install Update 2 an hour ago (after a fresh ROM flash). I am certain that in order to get Update 2 one would need at least the Denim firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs