When will AT&T Lumia 830 get PROPER Denim update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Dominski

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'll deal with it. I saw the new win10 build Chinese video leak and in it he's using an 830 with Lumia camera. Does this mean we're getting the update soon?

acrodex

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
They will skip denim and go directly to update 2.
Several states require kill switch function starting July, so they have to get it ready by then.

Can't believe it's June 2015 and still no 830 Denim update from AT&T.

I have a summer vacation coming up over July 4th and my AT&T contract is over end of June, so if I don't have Denim in time for this vacation I will probably sell my 830 unlocked for whatever I can get for it and go back to using my 920. Maybe start looking into a different carrier for off contract service. It's too bad because up until now I've been satisfied with AT&T service. :unhappy:

View attachment 105629

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I bought it a couple weeks ago. For the most part I'm happy with it. The camera is really bad for a Lumia device. I had a 1020 with Lumia camera and it was amazing and I expected something fairly similar. Especially for shots where my son is jumping around and moving all over the place.

but I bought it for $270 on eBay. The model number was listed as a 985 and he said in the description that it was still under Microsoft warranty. So ill be contacting him.
You should definitely file a case, the RM-985 is the unlocked version that received Denim last month

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
The other thread was to install the unbranded Denim firmware on to the AT&T 830, that didn't work. This guide will only get you the OS update

Got it, sorry. Maybe I'll try it on a spare one that I have to see if it's worth doing on the daily. Factory reset on the daily is a major pain in the rear, so it has to be worth the trouble.

Thanks for posting. It should help some folks who don't want to wait out ATT.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...Thanks for posting. It should help some folks who don't want to wait out ATT.

If it works ill do it. I could care less about att

Just remember, guys... This is an OS advance, not Firmware. You don't get access to Lumia Camera 5. That was what the (failed) debrand and OTA download variant updates experiment would have solved...

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I think I will test Insider to see if I can get just Update 2 w/o going to 10 on my spare.

You actually don't need to hard reset. As long as you are reverting back to the original registry entries after the update you should be fine. Also Insider won't get you Update 2 unless you're on the Denim firmware.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I think I will test Insider to see if I can get just Update 2 w/o going to 10 on my spare.

If you don't get Update 2, you'll be prompted to update relentlessly to Win 10. Just an FYI. Until you either install the update or wipe the phone if you DO get Update 2, don't allow it to check for updates after it's installed. I'd disable any auto update and uninstall Windows Insider before you actually install Update 2.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
also, those considering updating to 8.1 update 2. here are the main features that you'll get with it. Might not be worth the effort for some...

Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 Main Features

(thanks to Daniel for putting the info together).

You realise Windowsphone.com has an actual official changelog right?
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/how-to/wp8/basics/windows-phone-8-update-history

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm not normally one to complain about such things, but this really is pretty stupid.

After watching the build 10134 video, I may just go straight to that when it's released, if it is as stable as it's said to be in that video.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not normally one to complain about such things, but this really is pretty stupid.

After watching the build 10134 video, I may just go straight to that when it's released, if it is as stable as it's said to be in that video.
I do not believe this will give you the firmware to run Lumia Camera 5. Maybe the new camera app comes close to that but it won't be able to access the capable hardware on the L830. I am still with you though in terms of installing W10 and ignore the FU'ed ATT crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923