When will AT&T Lumia 830 get PROPER Denim update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I do not believe this will give you the firmware to run Lumia Camera 5. Maybe the new camera app comes close to that but it won't be able to access the capable hardware on the L830. I am still with you though in terms of installing W10 and ignore the FU'ed ATT crap.

I'll have to look into that - I'm sure there's info on that on this site someplace.

ToughD

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Ok here's hoping our 830 is next. The 635 is getting the update from ATT. Yesterday it was the HTC. We're next right? Right? Riggghhhhttttt?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I may take the cheaters route.

I just bought a 985 with a smashed screen. If the update doesn't get here prior to that phone arriving, I may switch boards, and use the 985 board in the ATT body.

Basiluzzo

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Nice! Poor @LumiaHelp. At least they are replying about it. I'd really love to hear from AT&T and know what they are doing about this. Are they even testing the Denim update or did they give up and waiting for Windows 10 to roll out? If that's the case then no Lumia Camera 5 for many months to come.

I think this is probably the case. And of course they'll "test" Windows 10 for a year before they release it for the 830, by which point Microsoft will have released a flagship phone and I'll no longer care about my 830, I'll just be waiting for the contract to run out so I can buy the flagship.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Well, ATT has until tomorrow, because the smashed screen 985 gets here then. It is going to donate its innards to my ATT body if ATT doesn't come up with a plan.

ATT has one day left to save the insides of this poor donor 985.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
STYMIED!

I got the 985 today, but it's locked, and I have no idea for who. Bell said it's not them, and Rogers won't tell me. The other options I guess are Fido and Virgin, so I'll call them now too.

So, here's a question - the online unlockers ask for the carrier. If you have the carrier wrong, will you get a bad code?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
STYMIED!

I got the 985 today, but it's locked, and I have no idea for who. Bell said it's not them, and Rogers won't tell me. The other options I guess are Fido and Virgin, so I'll call them now too.

So, here's a question - the online unlockers ask for the carrier. If you have the carrier wrong, will you get a bad code?

Probably, although if you do it multiple times, something's bound to happen.

Isn't there any clues? Like a boot screen, a telling ringtone, a special additional color?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
STYMIED!

Connect it to Windows phone recovery tool and perform a restore, once it starts downloading the firmware disconnect and check the firmware product code. Or look for the carrier under extras+info, it will give you the firmware. The Windows phone recovery method will tell you the original variant

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Pankaj - I'll try that, thanks. There's a whole ton of items under estras + info - which of those is the firmware id? What am I looking for there?

Andros - I couldn't find anything like that - looked around.

The carrier is 000-CA, which I thought would mean unlocked, but it came up with a locked message when I inserted the card.

So, ATT has another day or so to save the life of this 985.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Pankaj - I'll try that, thanks. There's a whole ton of items under estras + info - which of those is the firmware id? What am I looking for there?.

What's the manufacturer name?

Also if you wish to go the Recovery Tools route, look for the RM-985 folder under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Packages\Products. Once the firmware starts downloading you can probably figure out the product code from the file names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte