When will AT&T Lumia 830 get PROPER Denim update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
It looks like the reboot issue is being fixed with an update. Has anyone received it yet? Is it just for the reboots or full denim? Either way the reboot issue was the most important thing, at least for me.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It looks like the reboot issue is being fixed with an update. Has anyone received it yet? Is it just for the reboots or full denim? Either way the reboot issue was the most important thing, at least for me.

Got it - no Denim.

Funnily enough, I haven't gotten any random reboots until after the update was downloaded, then I got one when I hit "not now" on it.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
not getting it. checking for updates....Your phone is up to date...
pushed in intervals I guess. Or I just have to drive out of Dayton. Maybe a trip to the MS Store in Cincinnati ;)

Zombiesloth79

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
The update came through for me today. It's about freaking time. AT&T Lumia 830 in southeast US, if that matters.

EDIT: I should have known better. While, yes, an update did come through, the features are still not enabled. I'm able to download the Lumia Camera app, but it just opens an error message telling me to update my phone. No further updates available. Probably have to wait another 7 months for that.

Last edited:

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
The update came through for me today. It's about freaking time. AT&T Lumia 830 in southeast US, if that matters.

EDIT: I should have known better. While, yes, an update did come through, the features are still not enabled. I'm able to download the Lumia Camera app, but it just opens an error message telling me to update my phone. No further updates available. Probably have to wait another 7 months for that.

Sadly the update is still not DENIM. It's this critical update that MS can bypass the carriers and push out. Wish they'd do the same thing for Denim on the 830!
Critical update to fix random reboots rolling out to AT&T Lumia 830, 1520 and 1020 [Update] | Windows Central

I keep reminding @ATTCares about this issue on Twitter and they don't seem to care! :angry:

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Well, my unlock code finally came back for the 985 (Rogers), popped in the sim, and it worked like a charm.

So, now it'll be time to get Denim the cheater's way - by transplanting the 985 board into my 983 body.

On a serious note, I'm not a fan of opening these 830's, because I find them sort of fragile inside. I hope the operation is successful.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Bought some of those dates at Costco today. Good to have for the next 28 odd days.
I prefer the dates with my wife. I don't really care whether ATT has no date or dates yet...
although - chocolate covered espresso beans sound really tempting too....

[SUB]...running off to make an espresso...[/SUB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12