Does it have a gyroscope?

sugarbowl06

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I've seen a lot of comparisons that show how the 640 is an improvement over the 635. The 635 does not have a gyroscope, does the 640 ?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
So far all websites have reported that it doesn't have a gyroscope.. (this counts for the 640 and xl)

Edit: I consider it an improvement over the 635, because of RAM.. When I was looking at the 635 late last year, that was one of the reasons I didn't buy it..
Having a phone with at least 1gb will be the new standard or already is lol... Soon even 1gb will be too less and will be considered a low end device

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
We would know when someone who cares, make an article/video about that phone.
Everyone are showing them side by side as we don't know that the 640 is bigger!
My questions are, to further add in your post, below :

Does it have compass?
Does it have oleophobic coating in the screen (so the finger slides on the glass with ease and don't collect THAT many fingerprints?
Does it have better viewing angles from each and every angle, not only in the x and y axis? (compared to 630/635)
Does it have deaper blacks? (compared to 630/635)
Are the now flat corners (and not wedged) more comfortable to hold in an angle? (compared to 630/635)
Does it have better (more sensitive) touch? (compared to 630/635)

If you are willing to do the above observations please let us know!
:p

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Does it have compass?
Does it have oleophobic coating in the screen (so the finger slides on the glass with ease and don't collect THAT many fingerprints?
Does it have better viewing angles from each and every angle, not only in the x and y axis? (compared to 630/635)
Are the now flat corners (and not wedged) more comfortable to hold in an angle? (compared to 630/635)

Mail the guys over at TechRadar xd

sugarbowl06

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I've never been bitten by the 512 megs of ram.
My biggest gripes with the 635 that i own:
- fingerprints, just like you mentioned. It's impossible to keep the smudges off of the screen
- no flash. I miss this mainly for the flashlight functionality, not so much needed for photography
- gyroscope, so that the star map apps will work

arjan wolthuis

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I've never been bitten by the 512 megs of ram.
My biggest gripes with the 635 that i own:
- fingerprints, just like you mentioned. It's impossible to keep the smudges off of the screen
- no flash. I miss this mainly for the flashlight functionality, not so much needed for photography
- gyroscope, so that the star map apps will work

Just for my 520. 8.1 works fine with 512 MB. Only the processor is so slow with games

MihaiB1

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Does it have compass?

Compass: yes
Oleophobic coating: it feels like it has it...fingers slide easy on the screen and there are not many fingerprints on it...
Touch screen: the screen is very good so are the viewing angles (in my opinion after 48 hours of use)

Nathan-NL

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Does it have compass?
Yes.
It has an easy to clean screen according to Microsoft's website. So I guess it does have a coating.
And Microsoft confirmed to me that it doesn't have a gyroscope. The Lumia 730/35 does however.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans