4G but no Lte?

UNIX based

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I haven't activated the phone yet but when I do the dropdown menu it say At&T 4G. How come it doesn't say LTE? Is it a radio problem with the phone or do i just have to activate it with a LTE plan first? I thought it would connect me to LTE but restrict me to the AT&T website intill i activated it. At least that is how Virgin Mobile did it. I just got it so if it is a radio problem i need to return it asap. There is At&T lte coverage were i am by the way.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Cant speak for it as a GoPhone or anything, but I bought the AT&T GoPhone 635, and I had to have AT&T "activate" the LTE when I activated the phone. It didn't show until then. The phone won't show "LTE" until it has been set up on an LTE plan, even if it is receiving an LTE signal.

Archdean

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Just call them or use the chat function on the att site and tell them to provision your card, you will need the phone IME number.

UNIX based

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Ok thanks The Sim card is the one that came with the phone so i just popped it in. Idk if i am going to use At&T go phone service as i have found that you can put it on straight talk or H20's 30 dollar plan which seems to be a better deal then go service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon