How to delete ALL history on Lumia 925???

corsair1803

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello. First off, apologies in advance. I did ask this question before and didnt get round to replying as i was working away that week and changed back to my old phone and had to put it on hold. I bookmarked the thread but when i go to it now it doesn't load up that page. Ofc it doesnt.

Im new to Windows phone (For now) .... So... How on earth do i delete all my 'history' on a Windows phone. I dont mean general history.. what i mean is these suggestions that come up when you type something into the address bar.

Im trying to delete some history/traces of a site i have been on (Tumblr).
When i click on internet, and hit the address bar to start my search....
... Say i hit the letter 'T'.
....About 5 suggestions/history of Tumblr pages i have googled appear above the search bar where im typing. I do not want this feature!
When i type the letter 'T' i do not want stuff from Tumblr popping up.

I have tried 'Delete History' in Advanced and 'Get suggestions from Bing as i type' is unchecked.

Are these suggestions somehow linked to stuff i have saved in favorites?
Driving me nuts.

Thank you for any help/suggestions you can throw my way.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried settings -> applications -> search -> delete history?

Alternatively you may need to sign in on bing.com and clear the history there if the above method doesn't work.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi mate. I dont have ''applications -> search -> delete history''
Also, i didnt sign up for Bing so i cant login.

Thanks.

You will need to swipe left or right from the systems pivot to access the applications pivot under settings :).

Also if you use a outlook.com account as your Microsoft account then you can sign into bing using that.

Edit: added screenshots :)

1) Access all settings from the notification centre (Action Centre) Swipe left / right

wp_ss_20150311_0001.png

2) Scroll down on the Applications pivot

wp_ss_20150311_0002.png

3) There you go.

wp_ss_20150311_0003.png

Last edited:

corsair1803

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for trying mate. But thats not it :(

This just takes me to the same page i can access from IE..

^^ ''I have tried 'Delete History' in Advanced''

This is a joke, it really is. How can something so basic be so difficult. Is it even possible to delete this info??
IF so, why the hell is it hidden away under many various menus??

<sigh>

heli0m

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello, if you have your Microsoft account linked to other computers or tablets or any of the such, you might still have THAT information synced. Try deleting those history files too. ^____^

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok, here's how to do it.

Long press on the "back" button so you get to the task list. Close all windows with the 'x' button until you run out of windows and you return to the start screen.

Then go into settings and swipe across to "applications" and go into the search settings and delete your search history

Then go into "internet explorer" settings on the same applications setting page and delete the history.

Open Internet Explorer and you'll see that your web site visit history is gone. The trick is to make sure that IE is not running when you clear the history.

Hope this helps.

corsair1803

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Pete. App>search>delete done it.

Now why the hell do i have to go into two different menus that appear to be the exact same!?! Because doing just through IE sure didnt seem to do anything. Bah.

Thanks to all for the help.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's because internet explorer holds the history locked in memory while it's running. I agree its a bit odd, but glad you're sorted out now.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for trying mate. But thats not it :(

This just takes me to the same page i can access from IE..

^^ ''I have tried 'Delete History' in Advanced''

This is a joke, it really is. How can something so basic be so difficult. Is it even possible to delete this info??
IF so, why the hell is it hidden away under many various menus??

<sigh>

Never encountered such behaviour myself lol as I always close all running apps as matter of habit, glad to see it is now sorted for the OP.

corsair1803

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
It's because internet explorer holds the history locked in memory while it's running. I agree its a bit odd, but glad you're sorted out now.
Makes sense mate. But i swear to you, over a period of nearly two weeks, phone being off and on (meaning any open pages in the background should be eliminated), trying to delete now and again and it wouldnt do anything.
Seems delete history via 'Search' kicked the IE delete history into shape as they both work now and clear memory. Glitch perhpas ?!?
Dunno, but sorted now thanks folks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers