Can you use a stylus with 1520?

weaverly

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
The title is the first question. And if you can use a stylus with the 1520, do you have any suggestions on pens?

I would like to have one, I think, for some note taking or drawing for my son when he borrows it. Also, we have a Toshiba Encore 2 (non-Write) and would like it for that as well.

I can just see a lot of potential with it on my phone.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The answer is you can use the fat, squishy pad type that looks like a black eraser... You can not use the fine point type such as Surface Pro has...

Capture.JPG

Hildr

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
It's possible to use a stylus, like for every other touch pannel, but I don't think there is any app that allows you to take note by "writing" without using the classic touch keyboard... At least One Note does not on smartphone.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
You can make one yourself. Use aluminum foil (I cut into shape the foil off a yogurt cup). You can fix it on a pen, pencil, anything that you're comfortable holding in your hands. The tips are much smaller than fat tipped styli. Just make sure to turn on "high" sensitivity.

weaverly

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I thought it was possible with the non-fancy touch screen stylus pens.

What apps do you all use with a stylus, I wonder?

Just_Me

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
It's possible to use a stylus, like for every other touch pannel, but I don't think there is any app that allows you to take note by "writing" without using the classic touch keyboard... At least One Note does not on smartphone.

I use a app called InNote for writing notes. I wish the phone version of OneNote supported pen mode.
After inking your note in InNote, just "share" it to OneNote.

weaverly

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I use a app called InNote for writing notes. I wish the phone version of OneNote supported pen mode.
After inking your note in InNote, just "share" it to OneNote.

Thanks! Got some cheapo ones from Amazon the other day. Trying them out. Playing with Papyrus a little, it's pretty nifty. Agree 100% about OneNote, but Windows 10 app version will have it, based on early screenshots and such. Love the idea of writing notes in InNote and sharing to OneNote. Will check that out.

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
The title is the first question. And if you can use a stylus with the 1520, do you have any suggestions on pens?

I would like to have one, I think, for some note taking or drawing for my son when he borrows it. Also, we have a Toshiba Encore 2 (non-Write) and would like it for that as well.

I can just see a lot of potential with it on my phone.

You can use one.But remember the tip should be thick and turn on the touch sensitivity to high before using a styles

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2