Why does my battery life show as 1 day 19hrs when fully Charged?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Battery Life shows as 1 day 19hrs when fully Charged

Recently brought a Lumia 635, with the battery fully charged the battery life is shown as 1 day 19hrs. Been back to the shop an the assistant said that is correct, but this can't be right? I don't have the internet etc turned on, I only use the phone for calls and text. Can someone please advise?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Battery Life shows as 1 day 19hrs when fully Charged

I don't have a 635, but that sounds about right to me. Is this your first smart phone? If you are coming from feature phones that can go days without recharging, then this will be a change. Even if you aren't using the internet, the smartphone needs to power it's large touchscreen, and the processor is doing things in the background at times, just like a computer. Despite being a goal for every smartphone vendor, getting the battery life much beyond a day is still seemingly impossible.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery Life shows as 1 day 19hrs when fully Charged

This is an estimate. The longer you stay on standby, the more this time may stretch. Also the App will learn your usage patterns and adjust what it reports more accurately as it builds up a history to use for interpolation.

Enjoy your new 635!!! I have one coming soon in the post for a new toy.

Please consider joining the site. It is a great resource to read and a cool place to discuss your device, the OS, Apps and a whole lot more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99