Can I get some help with my Bluetooth woes that I have since I upgraded my L930 to Denim?

Kenneth Fossum

May 31, 2014
Visit site
L930 - Denim - Bluetooth reboot woes

So, just recently I was notified that an update was available. I was already on Denim, but now, after the update, the OS version is '8.10.14219.341' - I cant remember what it was before that. I am still on Denim. I believe this update introduced some additional Cortana regions.

After this update, I experience severe issues with Bluetooth. It takes ages for my phone to find the Bluetooth system in my car, and in addition, if I listen to a podcast first, and then want to use Spotify (still using Bluetooth) it won't work. No sound, and the Bluetooth system in my car says 'phone disconnected'. If I try to disable and enable Bluetooth, the phone reboots. Then it works again, until I do the very same thing all over again. Listening to podcasts and music through Spotify on my way to work is sort of my morning routine, so it's a huge pain in the backside.

If I ONLY use Spotify, I have no issues. So maybe it' something with the Podcast app (using the native one) in combination with a Bluetooth bug?

I haven't tried hard/soft resetting my phone, but I have deleted the Bluetooth profiles on both the phone and in the car.
I wanted to avoid resetting my phone, but I'll do it if it fixes anything of course.

Anyone with the same experience out there? Someone with a solution maybe?

Thank you

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
i know many dont like doing that but its very much advisable to do a reset after an update....and if ur facing such software related glitches its much more advisable

Arbigator

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
What type of vehicle/stereo system do you have? I haven't had any streaming issues going from multiple apps, though I've never used Spotify. I'll give it a shot.

My 1020 stopped reading text messages over bluetooth with the 8.1 pfd update. My 930 has denim, and it will not read text messages either. I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler with Chryslers Uconnect system. A reset of the phone or vehicle's bluetooth has not fixed this problem. Would love some suggestions on this if anyone has any

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo