Dual vs Single SIM and missing SIM icon?

Andreas

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed that in the demo videos from MWC there seems to be a missing SIM Icon on the devices, on the dual SIM 640XL there is even two of these Icons.

dualsim.jpg

What will happend if you run a dual SIM 640XL with just a single SIM, will it still show a missing SIM Icon for SIM-slot 2?

Reason im asking is because I dont really need a dual SIM phone but all pre-orders for the 640XL seems to be dual
Frankly, I would feel a bit annoyed having a missing SIM Icon displayed all the time. Do you reckon this will be the case so that I should wait for a single SIM version or will it hide the missing SIM Icon in the live tile?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
In the current dual SIM phones like the 730 the "missing SIM" icon is present if you only use 1 SIM and it can not be removed.
So probably this will also be the case in the 640XL. Or maybe Microsoft has added an additional option in the 640XL version to "remove it" but I do not think that they will do it.
So if you want to be sure you have to wait on the single SIM version or contact Microsoft and ask them because they should know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss