None of the maps app work correctly on Nokia Lumia 730. GPS shows some random location within 1km radius. In drive+ the navigation icon gets stuck and the current location doesn't get updated. Please find the bug and provide an update. I doubt whether it is a software bug or the hardware problem as many 730 users have reported this issue.. Microsoft!! Please look into this...
    03-15-2015 01:40 AM
    None of the maps app work correctly on Nokia Lumia 730. GPS shows some random location within 1km radius. In drive+ the navigation icon gets stuck and the current location doesn't get updated. Please find the bug and provide an update. I doubt whether it is a software bug or the hardware problem as many 730 users have reported this issue.. Microsoft!! Please look into this...
    GPS (and GLONASS) works best when your phone can establish a direct "visual" contact with at least three of the GPS (or GLONASS) satellites so triangulation can take place, i.e. being outside under a cloudless sky in a rice field would be the best scenario. Accuracy is decreased with increasing number of obstructions, such as clouds, surrounding buildings, the roof of your house... etc. Hence, GPS devices (and GLONASS devices) do not work best inside someone's house, for example.

When GPS (or GLONASS) cannot establish such contact, the phone resorts to other location-estimation methods, such as by triangulating the nearest cellular sites or by determining the location of the ip-address of the WiFi router your phone is connected to (if connected to WiFi, of course). The accuracy of these estimation methods can range from a few meters (which is not bad) to a couple or so of kilometers (which is most likely what you're experiencing).

Apps that depend on location data, hence, will not work as expected when the accuracy of the location of the phone is compromised.

And welcome to the forum.
    03-15-2015 02:02 AM
    This problem is faced by only 730 and 535 users. checkout the reviews posted for "here drive+" in windowsphone store..
    03-15-2015 02:28 AM
    This problem is faced by only 730 and 535 users. checkout the reviews posted for "here drive+" in windowsphone store..
    I also have a L535 but my Maps and Here Drive + work as expected... as long as I'm outside with sufficient sky exposure. I'm suspecting that the GPS (and GLONASS) receivers of the L730 and L535 (and possibly other entry-level phones) are less sensitive (probably to save on battery power), making them unreliable when the amount of satellite-to-phone obstruction increases. I've compared my L535 and my L1020 and the L1020 does perform better in most cases (especially indoors and in moving vehicles), but both phones perform the same way when I'm under a clear sky or outdoors.
    03-15-2015 02:37 AM
    My Lumia 625 have same Maps app issue none of the app is working on the device.
    04-10-2015 01:15 PM