1520 housing replacement

xdesdx

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I want to replace my 1520 housing with one that I found on ebay, $11.80. I cant post links yet.

My question is has anyone done this before and was it easy, I do understand there is the wireless charger and flash etc that needs to be moved over.

Also the housing I found shows the housing with a square camera cut, but on my original housing it is a circle. Will this affect the phone? Will it leave gaps or anything where the camera is

Cheers

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I want to replace my 1520 housing with one that I found on ebay, $11.80. I cant post links yet.

My question is has anyone done this before and was it easy, I do understand there is the wireless charger and flash etc that needs to be moved over.

Also the housing I found shows the housing with a square camera cut, but on my original housing it is a circle. Will this affect the phone? Will it leave gaps or anything where the camera is

Cheers

obviously the housing you bought isn't for the L1520, with that said why would you wanna put a square hole for a round one? it will leave your phone susceptible to dust and other particles getting inside your phone... also for which L1520 is it? the AT&T version or the international version? the AT&T version you can't have Qi charging unless you solder the contacts for it...

xdesdx

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I cant post the link coz my count is still low.
But I have not brought it yet, but this housing is being sold on ebay as a LUMIA 1520 housing, which has a square cutout for the camera.

My question is has anyone brought this off ebay and tried it.

To the first reply. I have looked on youtube about removing parts for the lumia 1520 but none of them really focused on the 1520 housing.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
after doing a quick look at a couple of those, it appears that they do not have the rear camera lens installed. If you look at your current one, it's the round piece with black trim. Also, some parts on the inside are missing, which is likely the square looking cut out you see.

Once you transfer everything over, it should be the same.

AS for difficulty - it's not hard.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
beman - I think that's what the OP is looking at. Were it me, I'd pay an extra few bucks for one with all of the stuff already installed, then sell me old one.

xdesdx

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys for your help, that is what I was looking at. I brought one and will replace the housing since white is getting a bit boring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon