Why do I have phantom swipes/presses on my screen after the Denim Update on my L1520?

Asel

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: Phantom Swipes/Presses on Screen after Denim Update on L1520

I have a new lumia 1520, and works awesome but im worried about this issue. Its a common problem about 1520, how can I avoid this kind of problem.? TIA

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
In general try to keep it in a hard case and try not to bend it too much.

Good advice ^^^, but

I, for the most part, holstered my Lumia 1520, very rarely in my back pocket, & then, not tight jeans / pants. It still cropped up ...

IF it does start (assuming new Lumia 1520 w warranty), get it in for warranty service ASAP.

FWIW: vibra motor is attached to back of LCD assembly (I believe taped / glued), IF you can do without vibrate, turn it OFF. Don't know if that will have any impact, but, better safe than sorry.

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

After repairs I am no longer having the touch issues. However I would like to make it known that I am very unhappy with the repair service. When I got it back the first time the light underneath the Windows Key was not working properly. I sent it in a second time to find out now that the light problem was now fixed but I have dead pixels on the screen.

Seems like they can't fix something without breaking something else. I hope it is just me having some bad luck and that this is not the experience all Microsoft customers experience.

Deni Harej

May 3, 2015
Visit site

Have the same problem with my L930. My care center don t wont to fix the problem under warranty, because i cause the "phantom touches" :s

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I finally had enough with the phantom taps, got a reply from PALCO ...

I seem to have joined this illustrious club recently and am thinking of sending it in for a digitizer replacement, just wanted to check if your device is the 1520.3. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon