Bell Lumia 830: New update available...Denim????

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, just checked and I have an update for my Lumia 830 from Bell Mobility. I will download it now and report back. Hopefully it will be the Denim update because it was on the Navifirm yesterday.

Also my friend has a Lumia 830 from Telus and she got an update as well...

I will report back...

Last edited:

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
You guys probably read it somewhere else but it is official Denim update is out for the Lumia 830 (Bell, Fido and Rogers...)

Last edited:

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've read some post that depending on the phone, model, carrier, you had to uncheck the preview....Just go to your apps and open Preview for Dev, uncheck the box and then go to your settings, phone update and check for update... Because my friend that has the Lumia 830 from Telus, told me yesterday that she got an update but could not install it because she didn't have WIFI...

Let us know please if it works or not.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Alright she just confirmed to me that she didn't get it yet... She thought she got the update yesterday but I told her to double check for you guys and false alarm...Sorry!

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Ya..still nothing here either..:-(

somebody from Telus contacted me via Twitter to ask me about the update..lol. I told them that I thought that Telus was pushing the updates at the same time as Bell but he replied not all updates.

He has a Lumia 830 himself and works for Telus Support. He will keep an eye for the update and should reply to me once he has it. At that point, I will post back here for your guys!

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Well according to the availability chart Rogers and Bell updates are going out and Telus is still not available.
Availability in North America - Microsoft - Global

I'm the one that contacted @LumiaHelp on Twitter to let them know. They didn't know that the update was out for Bell, Rogers and Fido. Then they asked me to provide the info from my phone. The second day I told them that the site was not even updated yet. So they did yesterday LOL.

They are the ones that tells everybody to go on that site to verify the update and they are late to the party to update it and sometimes it's us that tells them that we have received the update LOL!!!.

Xela83

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I was hoping Telus would release the update before the end of the week but I doubt that will happen now. I wonder what the reason for the delay is.

LifeInAnalog

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm seriously starting to think they won't release it at all..the 830 isn't even mentioned on the software update page of theirs..

I'm gonna give it another week..then maybe it's time to look into flashing the Rogers ROM

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
..nothing for my Telus 830 yet, does it matter if you are enrolled in the Preview For Developers? Should that be un-checked?

I'm visiting the Philippines and I got the update on the 18th on my unlocked Telus RM-985 and I don't know how that's possible but I did. Online is says it's not available for Telus ( obviously it is you received it OTA 03/20) but it is, does anyone know the date it was sent OTA by Telus ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb