Why sometimes does an app is disabled like it was pulled from the store?

nukez

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Why sometime an app is "disabled" like it was pulled from the store

Me and my girlfriend experience a strange problem regarding an specific app that disable itself and comeback without any intervention.

For my case, it's the Twitter app ( by Twitter inc. ) that became disabled randomly. It's on a HTC 8X on OS 8.10.14219.341

And for my girlfriend it's the News app ( by Microsoft ). it's a Nokia 635 on 8.10.14219.341

For those who are visual, here an screenshot of what i'm talking about : https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BF312FA6EBD611BA!183638&authkey=!AATl_DAP4OmiQZk&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

Even if I un-install/re-install the app or try simply to reboot the phone it does nothing.

Anyone experimenting this ? ( and know how to fix it ? )

Thanks for your time,
Kim

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why sometime an app is "disabled" like it was pulled from the store

Me and my girlfriend experience a strange problem regarding an specific app that disable itself and comeback without any intervention.

For my case, it's the Twitter app ( by Twitter inc. ) that became disabled randomly. It's on a HTC 8X on OS 8.10.14219.341

And for my girlfriend it's the News app ( by Microsoft ). it's a Nokia 635 on 8.10.14219.341

For those who are visual, here an screenshot of what i'm talking about : https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AATl_DAP4OmiQZk&v=3&ithint=photo,png

Even if I un-install/re-install the app or try simply to reboot the phone it does nothing.

Anyone experimenting this ? ( and know how to fix it ? )

Thanks for your time,
Kim

I've had that issue as well, I'm not sure what causes it though but I was under the impression it was something to do with my SD Card but it doesn't seem like that's the issue.

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why sometime an app is "disabled" like it was pulled from the store

Try going to settings -> backup and start backing up your apps+settings to OneDrive, and then cancelling the backup straight away (or letting it finish)
The app should then work

Duane Poorman

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
My wife is having this problem with The Weather Channel App on her brand new HTC One (M8) for Windows (AT&T) that she got a few hours ago. The live tile was darkened and it gives a message that the app is no longer supported when you tap on it. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. When I started the app after reinstalling, it indicates that it can't log on to the server.

I also tried the "backup" suggestion from Jag Mann, but no luck.

Any other ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss