How can I get my Lumia 530 with WP 8.1 connected to the wifi?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 530 with WP 8.1 can't find WiFi

Hello there.

I've bought a Lumia 530 and try to set it up, which has failed so far as I can't find my WiFi with it. My other devices (Nokia 5530, iPad, several other devices) can find and use my WiFi without any problems.

The WiFi is provided through a Lenovo Thinkpad x121e running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

I don't have a dataplan. So I can't register the phone or install apps without the WiFi. I cna't even create an account on the phone to store contacts and all that.

Any ideas?

yalexy

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 530 with WP 8.1 can't find WiFi

Update.

I've now spent a couplke more hours trying to find a solution and unfortunately there's none for the following reasons.

First of all Windows Phone is not capable of making connection to Ad-Hoc networks, but only Access Points.

The next problem I tried to solve was to turn my Lenovo Thinkpad x121e into a Access Point, but the used WiFi-card (Realtek TRL 8192CE) isn't capable of acting as an Access Point, no matter what software-solution you try.

So I'm screwed I guess, as I've got no other options for WiFi and I'm not going to spend any money on a new WiFi-router just for the phone. I'd rather get a refund for the phone and look for another device that's capable of connecting to my Ad-Hoc network. I know my sisters iPhone is capable of connecting, so I'll go get me one of those I guess.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Pretty much. But, calculating with your wages, it is still cheaper with than here.

But, maybe I'm wrong, but you shall not need adsl router, as I guess you allready have modem? Just regular wifi router. Cable from adsl goes to router and from it to the pc.

yalexy

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site

Higher wages still leave us at the minimum of living, as all prices are way higher than everywhere else. Just for a small single room apartment with 25m? I need to pay €400 and that doesn't even include water and electricity, which I've to pay seperately. Also our consumer taxes are at 24%.
So even for a bare living I allready need a paycheck of €1000 netto and that leaves me with nothing to spare at the end of the month, but it's just enough for the apartment, water, electricity, telefphone-bill and food.

I've saved since christmas to buy this new phone and I can't afford to spend money on new hardware anytime soon.

yalexy

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site

I can't afford to buy an iPhone, nor would I want one as it doesn't have a microSD-card. And I'll definatley never would buy an Android-device so I'll just keep using my age-old Nokia 5530 instead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077