My wife and I have matching 920s but only one with Denim update. When will I get mine?

Simon Carthew

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Matching 920s but only one with Denim update

My wife & I both have EE branded 920s connected to Virgin UK. My wife's phone received the Denim update two or three weeks ago but I'm still waiting. Our settings are identical, I've tried using "phone update" & a soft reset but still no update.

One thing I have noticed which may or may not be related is after a soft reset, the date & time when set automatically is wrong.

Please help.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Matching 920s but only one with Denim update

My wife & I both have EE branded 920s connected to Virgin UK. My wife's phone received the Denim update two or three weeks ago but I'm still waiting. Our settings are identical, I've tried using "phone update" & a soft reset but still no update.

One thing I have noticed which may or may not be related is after a soft reset, the date & time when set automatically is wrong.

Please help.

The date and time is reset after a soft reset depending on when the device was either first opened or last updated - this is normal.

Could you check under Settings > about the similarities and differences between those two phones? And can you also check if one of the phones has preview for developers installed/enabled?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for responding gpobernardo. Neither phone has preview for developers installed. I've taken screen shots from both phones showing their settings & have hopefully attached them to this response.

Thanks again for your response.

[WARN]Thank you for these screenshots. However, please remove the IMEI and SIM ID numbers immediately. Posting these info in the net is a large security risk.[/WARN]

I'll look into the details in a while, but please remove the information mentioned.

Simon Carthew

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

All sorted :smile: I used Lumia Software Recovery Tool to update the existing Cyan system & once this was complete Denim followed as an auto update.

Thank you very much for the help & advise given.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros